AEW/NJPW Forbidden Door 2023 - June 25th

Supremo

• Paid Members

What are usually considered the best ten man tags of all time? Canadian Stampede? That Raw main event in February 2000 with The Rock, Cactus Jack and Too Cool vs DX and the Radicalz? I’m sure there’s loads I’m forgetting.

I ask because the talent in the ten-man scheduled for this show is absolutely fucking insane. I assume they won’t try to steal the show on a card with Danielson vs. Okada and Omega vs. Ospreay, but Good Lord! Look at this beauty!

IMG_5124.thumb.jpeg.94443f1a018101c1e6e8f0982077e906.jpeg

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

What are usually considered the best ten man tags of all time? Canadian Stampede? That Raw main event in February 2000 with The Rock, Cactus Jack and Too Cool vs DX and the Radicalz? I’m sure there’s loads I’m forgetting.

I ask because the talent in the ten-man scheduled for this show is absolutely fucking insane. I assume they won’t try to steal the show on a card with Danielson vs. Okada and Omega vs. Ospreay, but Good Lord! Look at this beauty!

IMG_5124.thumb.jpeg.94443f1a018101c1e6e8f0982077e906.jpeg

The two Elite/BCC matches we’ve had have been very good so adding Umino, Takeshita, Eddie and Ishii to the mix and it’s going to be an absolute barnburner

• Paid Members

Bang up for this show tomorrow. As luck would have it, I’ve ended up at Glastonbury Festival this weekend, so won’t be able to watch it live. Absolutely gutted. In previous years they've always shown the big football games on the big screen, so it’s frankly disgusting I’ve not seen this advertised anywhere! It’s Bryan Danielson vs. Kazuchika Okada, for fuck’s sake! Might see if I can have a word with Elton John. He’s already enjoying the Collision royalties. The least he can do it put a word in.

But yeah. Let’s say you’ve signed Kota Ibushi. Let’s say the storyline is leading to his debut. Would there be a better place, where he’d get a better reaction, than this show? Imagine the pop! Imagine if he hugs Kenny after making the save. I’ll explode.

3 new matches were added to the Buy In for tonight’s PPV, taking the total card to 14 matches

Mogul Embassy (Swerve and Gates of Agony) vs Roppongi Vice and El Desperado 

Stu Grayson vs El Phantasmo

United Empire (Jeff Cobb, Kyle Fletcher and TJP) vs Los Ingobernables de Japon (Shingo Takagi, Bushi and Hiromu Takahashi)

Looking forward to this much more than when they did this last year.

The first one I think they started the build to before Double or Nothing, and as a result it just seemed to be in the way and it felt like a relief once it was over. This year seems to have had a much more slim lined build and really only focused on Omega/Osprey and Bryan/Okada to sell it

14 matches! (4 on Zero Hour)

How long will the main show be? 4 hours? 4.5?

Okada/Danielson and Osprey/Omega are both going 30+. The 10-man will be over 20. MJF and Sanada defending will be 15-20 each. 

It's going to be a long show. I'm going for 4 hours 15 minutes.

Fuck me it's going to take me two days to get through the show. 

Edit. 

Wonder if the AEW Title match will be shorter than expected because Tanahashi looks absolutely knackered.

Can't have much left in the tank. 

Edited by The King Of Swing

I don't really watch aew all that much but fucking hell I'm watching this live tonight for no other reason than ospreay vs omega is just a cannot miss for me after how amazing and emotionally invested I was at the one this year at wrestle kingdom.

Should be good but I'm expecting fucking long