AEW/NJPW Forbidden Door 2023 - June 25th

Supremo

Just now, LaGoosh said:

Absolute madness, Danielson is an absolutely brilliant heel. That's not an opinion, it's 100% fact and it shall not be debated any further.

Oh, you should know me well enough by now to know that is most certainly never the case.

3 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Wasn't Danielson's whole thing in ROH that he'd keep the submission on longer than he should have, to inflict more pain on the guy? 

“I HAVE UNTIL 5”

I still remember the ROH/CZW feud when he finally got involved and was put over as the bloke who would easily beat the shit out of everyone. 

I’ve got a DVD of the whole feud lying about somewhere, I need to dig that out to watch again.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I think Danielson often comes across as a prick on the TV shows and is perfectly suited to being a heel (Not reflecting his personality outside of the show). 

It's taken me until now to finish watching this with trying to catch up on Collision first and then fitting in the four hour PPV midweek. I knew this extra 2 hour show was going to be tough to stay on top of. 

Overall there was some really fun stuff on the show, but I wouldn't put it as high as a lot of other people - down to the storyline attachment to half of the people on the show just not being there for me. Omega and Osprey was incredible, yet beyond stupidly risky. That one spot - it wasn't needed. You can't convince me that move is safe. You only have to look at these Japanese guys and see what their style does to them. Almost every one of them has a completely buggered neck and moves like they are about 20 years older than they are. This match didn't need that as it was pretty note perfect other than that. 

Speaking of injuries, I wasn't sure what Danielson had done, I was guessing it was going to be a collarbone or shoulder dislocation. That'll have been a rough night in the office finishing that match with the broken arm. 

The six man tag between the two main events was poor. The women's match was just there. The main event didn't do a whole lot for me, but if it swapped position with Omega & Osprey then it'll have been looked upon much more favourably. Sanada and Jungle Boy was all about the turn, which I'm not convinced is a good idea. Hopefully Jack pulls it off. 

Punk Vs Kojima was really very good. Kojima was the best Japanese guy on the show not named Takeshita for my money. This was way more exciting than the main event. Enjoyed this a lot. I was also really pleased OC kept the belt again. I just want him to keep it until the end of time at this point. If he's going to lose it though, it should be RUSH. The 10 man tag was a belter as you'd expect. 

MJF and Tanahashi was the right choice to open. Got a tonne of heat that it may have struggled with later in the show to try and follow some of the other matches with how fucked Tana is. He's fucking great, but he moves around like the latter day Iron Sheik at this point. 

Edit: Just remembered this too, but Kenny Omega's New Japan theme is so inferior to his AEW singles theme. One screams "big time" while the other screams "Mute". 

Edited by WeeAl