AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

8 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Wembley stadium has an 11pm noise curfew I believe. Given the length of AEW shows I imagine that rules it out as they'll presumably be running it close as it is.

Maybe more likely he plays live with them during the show as part of his own entrance somehow. Which sounds mental and egotistical as fuck, but it's Jericho so can't be ruled out.

He said Wembley Arena. Does the noise curfew apply to the arena too? 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

£60 for a 4 hour fan event is a bit extortionate considering the For The Love Of Wrestling weekend a couple of weeks ago was £20+ a day or £50+ for the entire weekend 

Shouldn't be shocking, looking at some of the ticket prices. A fool and his money are easily parted.

5 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Shouldn't be shocking, looking at some of the ticket prices. A fool and his money are easily parted.

Don't say that mate I already feel bad for the £100 ticket i got and for all I know we are getting Omega vs doll as the main event. Who knows what the matches will be yet.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, scouseman said:

Don't say that mate I already feel bad for the £100 ticket i got and for all I know we are getting Omega vs doll as the main event. Who knows what the matches will be yet.

Don't feel bad about paying £100 for a ticket. This is a treat for you, a once in a lifetime event (even if they ran Wembley again, this is the first time ever, first ever show outside North America etc). I have paid £50 to see a Rev Pro show before. Same when NJPW were over as well. I think this is good value for what it is.

£1500 for ringside is insane though. 

@Merzbow That was the question I had as well. £60 all included isn't too bad, but if it was just for entry and everything was paid on top i'd be pissed off.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

Problem with conventions and signing events these days is that prices have skyrocketed across the world. Not to say there isn't some affordable ones but you just have to look at the last Star Wars Celebration to see how much they took the piss. And yet people pay it because they don't know any better or they don't want to miss out.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

It's £60 but are you charged for autographs and photos like at a normal con? TNA did something similar where it was all included.

90% sure you're not charged for photo ops and meet and greets once you're in there. 

It was advertised as;

• Early Access Merch Super Store

• Live Q&A’s and Pep Rally

• Meet & Greets and Photo Ops

• Official pre-event destination

• Live DJ, entertainment zone, food court and cash bar

• £10 food voucher

So they'll make their money back on food, booze and merch, rather than charging for individual meet and greets. I could see them throwing in a premium package if you want to meet somebody like CM Punk, once the line-up starts getting announced.

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Don't feel bad about paying £100 for a ticket. This is a treat for you, a once in a lifetime event (even if they ran Wembley again, this is the first time ever, first ever show outside North America etc). I have paid £50 to see a Rev Pro show before. Same when NJPW were over as well. I think this is good value for what it is.

£1500 for ringside is insane though. 

@Merzbow That was the question I had as well. £60 all included isn't too bad, but if it was just for entry and everything was paid on top i'd be pissed off.

Thanks for the reassurance mate very much appreciated. It is 2 tickets (helper ticket is free) so when you put it like that it does not sound too bad. If you think £1,500 for ringside is bad have you seen Money in the Bank prices a few grand. Does anyone have Green shirt guys number? 

Edited by scouseman

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, mim731 said:

Wembley stadium has an 11pm noise curfew I believe. Given the length of AEW shows I imagine that rules it out as they'll presumably be running it close as it is.

Maybe more likely he plays live with them during the show as part of his own entrance somehow. Which sounds mental and egotistical as fuck, but it's Jericho so can't be ruled out.

I think Jericho can be an absolute dick at times, but he's also been a big part of AEW's first years and the song is clearly over as fuck. As secondary hobbies go for wrestlers, he's probably been more successful with Fozzy than he had any right to be, even if most of that is just because of his wrestling celebrity.

As a result, if he has the opportunity to play at Wembley Stadium, I think it's kind of awesome. It's an odd crossover thing to do, and after years of touring, if he and his mates get to play their song to a hugely receptive crowd at a legendary venue on the back of a company he helped build... I don't entirely get why anyone's getting sniffy at that. Even if it's a bit tragic, it's such a specific crossover with what he does, that I'm like fair fucks to him.

12 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I think Jericho can be an absolute dick at times, but he's also been a big part of AEW's first years and the song is clearly over as fuck. As secondary hobbies go for wrestlers, he's probably been more successful with Fozzy than he had any right to be, even if most of that is just because of his wrestling celebrity.

As a result, if he has the opportunity to play at Wembley Stadium, I think it's kind of awesome. It's an odd crossover thing to do, and after years of touring, if he and his mates get to play their song to a hugely receptive crowd at a legendary venue on the back of a company he helped build... I don't entirely get why anyone's getting sniffy at that. Even if it's a bit tragic, it's such a specific crossover with what he does, that I'm like fair fucks to him.

I'm surprised he hasn't done it sooner to be fair as Rich Ward has played in Britt Baker already.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Sorry, my intention wasn't to come across as "sniffy" at all, I meant it's logistically a bit bonkers, as in to play yourself to the ring because presumably you'll have to be signing as you walk to the ring, and do so in all seriousness, not as a silly gimmick as might have been done by various comedy acts in the past. It's a pretty big ego trip move, but that isn't to say it shouldn't happen.

I don't begrudge Jericho or his bandmates that moment, I just think it's a slightly mad thing to attempt, if he even does. It's idle speculation at this point.

• Paid Members

Jericho singing himself to the ring wearing a headset would be brilliant. Especially if someone attacks him as he gets near the ring and the mic continues to pick up his shouts and screams. Great heel patter. Surprised he hasn't thought of doing it sooner. As was evident last week when Cole attacked him, he's amazing at doing the Spinal Tap-style tantrum, where everything goes wrong around him. This would fit perfectly.