AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

But, again, that doesn’t constitute the media wanting it to not sell out. One person got numbers wrong and didn’t correct it, it’s not some coke fuelled paranoia that it means the media want it to not sell out. Most of the media couldn’t give a fuck about wrestling. 

It’s as you say, tribalistic bollocks, not Rupert Murdoch et al trying to stop bums getting on seats. I just found it a very odd thing to say. 

EDIT @TildeGuy~! “Well it did that night”

Edited by Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

That could come from the duo tickets as you essentially had to buy tickets for Smack down. 

It’s why Wrestlemania was attended by 160k odd fans this year even though a lot of people would have had tickets for both nights.

4 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

One person got numbers wrong and didn’t correct it, it’s not some coke fuelled paranoia that it means the media want it to not sell out. Most of the media couldn’t give a fuck about wrestling.

Which makes the Coppinger tweet what it was. This wasn't WWEGareth or some guy trying to get click bait money. It was the ESPN boxing writer who wrote it. I don't believe in coincidences and a CAA guy writing a blatant lie was not a coincidence. 

It's deffo not coke paranoia because it's been two months since I've done that lol

Edited by Tsurutagun

10 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

Which makes the Coppinger tweet what it was. This wasn't WWEGareth or some guy trying to get click bait money. It was the ESPN boxing writer who wrote it. I don't believe in coincidences and a CAA guy writing a blatant lie was not a coincidence. 

So that makes “The media” complicit in not wanting the show to sell out? If you’re going down that route then Meltzer is their number one cheerleader therefore “The media” want the show to sell out. 

Do you see what I’m getting at? One persons opinion or bias doesn’t constitute the media subscribing to that opinion or bias. Coppinger may not want the show to sell out for whatever reason, but that’s him. I think Bret Hart is a boring moaning arsehole but that doesn’t mean the UKFF thinks that.