AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

28 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

I've got a theory that All In will be a PWG-style dream match show, where's there's not much build except for tantalising match graphics and maybe an interview or video package, and All Out will be your typical storyline-driven PPV.

Well that's what the original All In was really wasn't it. So it kind of makes sense. They will acknowledge it to an extent on TV, they kind of have to I suppose,but yeah All Out is the PPV. We could maybe have something from All In lead to All Out. 

Long shot I know but I want to try and upgrade my disabled ticket for the event. I don't mind paying a bit more for a little better view. I just worry that the site I have on level 5 is very high up and I would like to be a bit closer to the action in theory. I got the tickets as I did not want to miss out on the event. I will speak with the office again and see what they say next week. 

I don't get why media and rival wrestling fans don't want the event to sell out. Competition is good and in my view nothing beats a UK event. The UK is still the second biggest market in the the world for wrestling and I hope that the UK gets the respect for its love of wrestling for years to come with more events like this. The US are lucky they get to see the wrestling events all the time. I just find the wrestling fan base strange in that we are all wrestling fans first and foremost. I for one welcome the increase in wrestling fandom bought on by AEW and want them to do well. I wanted to show my support for them and TK and I am so looking forward to the event.

Edited by scouseman

4 minutes ago, scouseman said:

Long shot I know but I want to try and upgrade my disabled ticket for the event. I don't mind paying a bit more for a little better view. I just worry that the site I have on level 5 is very high up and I would like to be a bit closer to the action in theory. I got the tickets as I did not want to miss out on the event. I will speak with the office again and see what they say next week. 

I don't get why media and rival wrestling fans don't want the event to sell out. Competition is good and in my view nothing beats a UK event. The UK is still the second biggest market in the the world for wrestling and I hope that the UK gets the respect for its love of wrestling for years to come with more events like this. The US are lucky they get to see the wrestling events all the time. I just find the wrestling fan base strange in that we are all wrestling fans first and foremost. I for one welcome the increase in wrestling fandom bought on by AEW and want them to do well. I wanted to show my support for them and TK and I am so looking forward to the event.

2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Why do you say the media doesn’t want it to sell out?

just tweets that i have seen trying to disprove that AEW has sold X amount of tickets. I remember TK going off on a ESPN journalist the over day saying that he was writing lies etc.

21 minutes ago, scouseman said:

ust tweets that i have seen trying to disprove that AEW has sold X amount of tickets. I remember TK going off on a ESPN journalist the over day saying that he was writing lies etc.

That not the same as hoping it doesn’t sell out. Journalists, proper journalists and not wresting journalists, are questioning claims. That’s their job, to find out the truth. 

47 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

That not the same as hoping it doesn’t sell out. Journalists, proper journalists and not wresting journalists, are questioning claims. That’s their job, to find out the truth. 

To be faaaaair, the specific dude from ESPN that he's talking about claimed that Wembley was only going to be set up for 40,000 people. Since they've sold 70-75.000 tickets, it does seem like he was talking shit.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

That's an idyllic view of how journalism works Keith. Journalism is about broadcasting the truth that your readers want to read so you can keep getting paid. That's how every commercial news network and newspaper works, for example Tony Bellew... No just joking. For example it's why Fox News had to settle the lawsuit with Dominion. 

There are very few unbiased journalists and I'd believe Coppingers numbers the same way I believe Meltzers, which is not at all. 

1 hour ago, scouseman said:

just tweets that i have seen trying to disprove that AEW has sold X amount of tickets. I remember TK going off on a ESPN journalist the over day saying that he was writing lies etc.

Just about any event will be questioned over the actual attendance and claimed attendance. Including the breakdown of paid v. papered.

8 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

To be faaaaair, the specific dude from ESPN that he's talking about claimed that Wembley was only going to be set up for 40,000 people. Since they've sold 70-75.000 tickets, it does seem like he was talking shit.

Indeed, but it doesn’t mean he hoped it didn’t sell out. 

1 minute ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

That's an idyllic view of how journalism works Keith.

It is, but I’m asking why the poster believes the media don’t want the event to sell out. 

What it comes down to is the tribal AEW fans believe everything Sniff says without question. But the slightest pushback or questions and it’s called bias. Look at the Helwani stuff as an example. 

There is nothing untoward about someone asking about “Official” figures as wresting is notorious for massaging those numbers. It’s not bias or hoping the event doesn’t sell out. 

• Paid Members

Asking for rational responses from fans of anything is the road to madness Keith. People believe what they want to believe. The disciples of St. Tony of Columbia are steadfast in their devotion. Those who follow the teachings of St. Paul are none less devout though the voice they can hear on the road to Jeddah isn't that of Jesus but of the devil Vincelzebub tempting them back to the old days. 

15 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Vince was notorious for it. Who else? (Genuine question)

Pretty much anyone that ever announces an attendance for something. Wrestling, sports, concerts, festivals, public events. Numbers are getting fudged somewhere along the line.

If you want detailed wrestling related examples. Japanese promotions have always been good at providing a number. Doesn't mean it was real. Super No Vacancy Full House was basically code for "The building can't fit that many people in it".