AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

20 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Is there a reason they couldn't? 

They have the occasional visa issues, so I was thinking that there might be restrictions would be for them working here

They were last over here in 2019. COVID and AEW taking off there hasn't been a lot of reasons to come over. Not aware of any visa issues being related to getting into the UK. Anything in the US/Mexico has clearly been resolved. I just think they are not that prominent as AEW acts right now. Only so much space on a poster.

• Paid Members

I still imagine they'll be over for some multi team ladder tag high spot shenanigans, or reuniting with Pac for Death Triangle Vs House Of Black or something? 83,000 people all shouting "Zero Miedo" would be a heck of a thing, the first 9 or so times... 

• Paid Members
On 5/7/2023 at 10:36 AM, Marshmallo said:

Does The Garden even hold 29,000?

On 5/7/2023 at 10:45 AM, iPumaPants said:

According to Wikipedia, 18,500 for wrestling 

Just to tack on to this ; depends on formation and how much room they make for wheelchair users etc, and how they allocate space to make extra seats available for walk ups on the day once they've sold every legitimate seat/ticket, i.e. what they need to do to squeeze every possible person inside they can. The WWF/WWE has claimed sell out on anything over 18,000 on occasions but in June 98 they squeezed 19,506 inside at the peak of Steve Austin.

• Paid Members

I'll be there, sitting as a group of 6 with former UKFF regulars from back in the day The Mighty LC, Charles Writes/C-Dude, Catfish Jake, Alexander/Leicester Lantern and Gwailofilms. We're in the ÂŁ70 (which became ÂŁ80+ with fees) seats in Block 143, which was advertised as having "a restricted view of the entrance/stage; unrestricted view of the ring", essentially because it looks like the entrance is going to be in front of us (and to the left a little), facing the opposite way.

While I'm expecting a pretty mighty line-up in terms of actual matches by the time the show rolls around, the excitement at this point is just a case of being able to say I was there for what is legitimately one of the biggest and most important wrestling events of all time, and I'm more hyped about the spectacle and scale of the thing than anything else.

I managed to upgrade my disabled seating. I told them i was scared of heights The lady said OK then I can give you a £145 level 2 ticket. I said that is a bit too pricey then she magically said I can give you you a  level 2 £100 x2 ticket more with fees so i only paid the difference, I already had a £55 ticket. Still pricey feeling guilty now but it is what it is. If you want a better view you have to pay for it. I bet you cannot take a piss at wembley for less the £100 I thought to myself this is a birthday gift to myself having had a hard time personally I might as well do it right. You only live once and this is now my wrestlemania superbowl everything. Hope I did the right thing. The high up ticket was good was but would be watching the big screen all night. 

Just hope the event is world class and we great treated well by AEW in terms of Card 4 the event and the stadium is full  . 

Edited by scouseman

Glad you got seats you're happy with. If you, or anyone else, is in or around block 112 we're on the back row near the aisle if you want to say 'hi'. 

I know I'm not a regular poster on here, but I've been here on and off for 20yrs now (seemingly) and think I've met about 2 people off here - 1 I went to school with and another I helped promote a show with about 12yrs ago! Ha 

does anyone know anything about a signing event on the 26th and 27th of aug? did not buy though ticketmaster and went through Wembley Ticket office accessibility tickets it even says so on the ticketmaster website to do so.. I asked the ticket agent at wembley and she did not know anything. Did not get a chance to get tickets 4 the fanfest and pre show etc.

do ticketmaster have a uk phone number I shall be having words.

Edited by scouseman

1 hour ago, scouseman said:

does anyone know anything about a signing event on the 26th and 27th of aug? did not buy though ticketmaster and went through Wembley Ticket office accessibility tickets it even says so on the ticketmaster website to do so.. I asked the ticket agent at wembley and she did not know anything. Did not get a chance to get tickets 4 the fanfest and pre show etc.

do ticketmaster have a uk phone number I shall be having words.

Saturday morning 10-2 at Box Park is the official AEW "fan convention" meet&greets etc, tickets were available on checkout page and were priced at ÂŁ60 per ticket.

Edited by Bohan

29 minutes ago, Bohan said:

Saturday morning 10-2 at Box Park is the official AEW "fan convention" meet&greets etc, tickets were available on checkout page and were priced at ÂŁ60 per ticket.

ÂŁ60 for a fan convention/meet and greet. I know i am a wrestling fan but i am not stupid but that really is too much 4 what it is. It should be free but i guess by paying a premium price limits numbers, I guess if its ok to do at WM it is ok to do here as well.

Edited by scouseman

7 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

£60 for a 4 hour fan event is a bit extortionate considering the For The Love Of Wrestling weekend a couple of weeks ago was £20+ a day or £50+ for the entire weekend 

You are right. For £60 you would be lucky to speak with one wrestler whereas you had the likes of Brian Danielson  and so many wrestling personalities it makes it very worthwhile at the convention last week. 

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’ve just had a terrifying thought.

With that many fans in the area for the show, Jerichos going to try and get Fozzy playing Wembley Arena as some kind of “after party” isn’t he

Wembley stadium has an 11pm noise curfew I believe. Given the length of AEW shows I imagine that rules it out as they'll presumably be running it close as it is.

Maybe more likely he plays live with them during the show as part of his own entrance somehow. Which sounds mental and egotistical as fuck, but it's Jericho so can't be ruled out.