AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

That's a great price for the proximity, but won't the view be shocking from there? I'd have loved to have been closer on some levels, but ended up getting low tiered seating for exactly that reason.

17 minutes ago, Chris B said:

That's a great price for the proximity, but won't the view be shocking from there? I'd have loved to have been closer on some levels, but ended up getting low tiered seating for exactly that reason.

I guess it depends if they have the Ring area raised or not. If that’s slightly elevated it might not be too bad.

Just figured it might be an option for some as it’s not much of a jump in price to be on the floor from other sections that are much further away.

According to WrestleTix, the current setup has them setting up for a crowd of just under 73,000.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I see some tickets have started showing up on Twickets.

https://www.twickets.live/event/1658765804490989568

There will be loads on there nearer the time for anyone that might want to get better tickets than they originally bought.

I note Matthew hasn't listed all his bus tickets yet. They probably don't have the bandwidth for them.

Interesting picture of Wembley too.

• Paid Members

Was supposed to be at a wedding overseas but just my wife going now. FIRST SHOW SINCE 2006 LADS.

Edit: Mrs Mears on hearing I've booked these and in complete sincerity-"cool, is Hulk Hogan wrestling?"

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, JLM said:

I know it’s a few months away but I’m pretty sure he headlined it and there were 400k fans in the arena. 

I'll tell her he faced off against Andre the Giant and bodyslammed him so hard it caused him to die 30 year ago.

On 5/20/2023 at 9:28 AM, LWOLeN said:

I booked Progress/Defy on Saturday on 1 PM

And Revolution Pro Wrestling later that day aswell.

Any Conventions?

The Progress and Rev Pro shows overlap by an hour and a half. Progress done by 7pm (at best), Rev Pro Bell time of 5:30pm.

Shame they couldn't have spread them out a bit more rather than both appealing to the same crowd but that's BritWres!

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Chili said:

I'm going with my sister, we are in section 517 or somewhere with a nosebleed.

Anyway, any advice for places to catch to stay over, I don't get down there much and I'm unaware of any decent budget places to stay.

A Premier Inn or similar on a direct (or near direct) tube line a fair whack from the venue is always a good shout. When I'm at anything late at the O2 stay at a Premier Inn at Clapham Junction because it's on the line back home for me next day and about half the price of Waterloo which is all of 15 minutes down the road.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chili said:

Anyway, any advice for places to catch to stay over, I don't get down there much and I'm unaware of any decent budget places to stay.

How budget are we talking? You can do dorm rooms in places like the Generator in King's Cross or even up at my neck of the woods in Wood Green at the Green Rooms for under £30 a night.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, s279 said:

The Progress and Rev Pro shows overlap by an hour and a half. Progress done by 7pm (at best), Rev Pro Bell time of 5:30pm.

Shame they couldn't have spread them out a bit more rather than both appealing to the same crowd but that's BritWres!

Expecting Rev Pro and PROGRESS to work together after the past five years is incredibly naive. Rev Pro don't owe PROGRESS any favours, and PROGRESS have dug their own grave by selling their souls to WWE, harbouring an unchecked abusive environment and booking Paul Robinson just to appease Will Ospreay's power-play politics. The same crowd are going to make their choice on the day, and they're going to side with the promotion who stuck to their guns and are now running the Copper Box with the one of the biggest shows in post-WoS indie BritWres history.

Edited by Accident Prone
EDIT: Swapped out "the biggest show" to "one of the biggest shows" due to old age exuberance.