AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Expecting Rev Pro and PROGRESS to work together after the past five years is incredibly naive. Rev Pro don't owe PROGRESS any favours, and PROGRESS have dug their own grave by selling their souls to WWE, harbouring an unchecked abusive environment and booking Paul Robinson just to appease Will Ospreay's power-play politics. The same crowd are going to make their choice on the day, and they're going to side with the promotion who stuck to their guns and are now running the Copper Box with the biggest show in post-WoS indie BritWres history.

Yeah but Rev Pro are heavily pushing Ricky Knight Jr and Progress have Gene Munny. Just trying to offer some balance.

1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

the Copper Box with the biggest show in post-WoS indie BritWres history.

If they sell it out it is, just being announced doesn’t make it that yet 

1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

Expecting Rev Pro and PROGRESS to work together after the past five years is incredibly naive. Rev Pro don't owe PROGRESS any favours, and PROGRESS have dug their own grave by selling their souls to WWE, harbouring an unchecked abusive environment and booking Paul Robinson just to appease Will Ospreay's power-play politics. The same crowd are going to make their choice on the day, and they're going to side with the promotion who stuck to their guns and are now running the Copper Box with the biggest show in post-WoS indie BritWres history.

Didn't Hello Wembley get about 5k and one ICW show about 6k. 

Anyway I remember Quilden defending a wrestler who beat the shit out of a ref the night before Royal Quest claiming it didn't happen and nobody saw it. But had to backtrack when someone put a video online. 

2 hours ago, Chris B said:

How budget are we talking? You can do dorm rooms in places like the Generator in King's Cross or even up at my neck of the woods in Wood Green at the Green Rooms for under £30 a night.

i live in Wood Green too Chris small world as they say. 

5 hours ago, Chili said:

I'm going with my sister, we are in section 517 or somewhere with a nosebleed.

Anyway, any advice for places to catch to stay over, I don't get down there much and I'm unaware of any decent budget places to stay.

Matthew would probably put you up as he lives quite close. You'll have to wait around for him to get back from Birmingham though. 

Other than that, anywhere on the train line for a Premier Inn. Last time we stayed over for a gig we went to the one in Richmond as its "out" of London and it was much cheaper than the "in" London options  

8 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Expecting Rev Pro and PROGRESS to work together after the past five years is incredibly naive.

I didn't say I was expecting anybody to work together, just that you'd think they'd try and avoid each other when it's such a small pool to both be pissing in.

If anythings naive, it's expecting BritWres fans to choose a show based on morals.

• Paid Members

There'll never be one because wrestlers and promoters can't help themselves when it comes to not booking their scuzzy mates and/or crumbling under peer pressure and powerplay politics, and there are fans who will go to the shows no matter what because they HAVE to support BritWres like it's their only identifying characteristic.

Take a look under those PROGRESS tweets where they announced Robbo's return. You'd think Kenta fucking Kobashi himself was returning with the amount of love hearts and praise being heaped in there.

BritWres is a snake eating itself alive, and the same can be said for every form of media. I haven't been to a BritWres show since the shit hit the fan in 2020, and even with this Copper Box show looming I'm still waiting until the very last minute for the entire Rev Pro card to be released before making an informed choice.

It's shite Keith, but we do our best to reduce our carbon footprint of bastards as it's utterly impossible to do so 100% without staring at a wall for 16 hours a day (and even then that wall better not be painted with animal-tested paint).

Edited by Accident Prone

2 hours ago, s279 said:

I didn't say I was expecting anybody to work together, just that you'd think they'd try and avoid each other when it's such a small pool to both be pissing in.

Rev Pro are hoping to get 5,000 of the 70,000 in town to come to their show.  I doubt they’re too bothered that 700 won’t come cos they’ll be at Progress instead.

14 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

There'll never be one because wrestlers and promoters can't help themselves when it comes to not booking their scuzzy mates and/or crumbling under peer pressure and powerplay politics, and there are fans who will go to the shows no matter what because they HAVE to support BritWres like it's their only identifying characteristic.

Take a look under those PROGRESS tweets where they announced Robbo's return. You'd think Kenta fucking Kobashi himself was returning with the amount of love hearts and praise being heaped in there.

BritWres is a snake eating itself alive, and the same can be said for every form of media. I haven't been to a BritWres show since the shit hit the fan in 2020, and even with this Copper Box show looming I'm still waiting until the very last minute for the entire Rev Pro card to be released before making an informed choice.

It's shite Keith, but we do our best to reduce our carbon footprint of bastards as it's utterly impossible to do so 100% without staring at a wall for 16 hours a day (and even then that wall better not be painted with animal-tested paint).

Marvellously put, that. 

• Paid Members

Who are some of the less well known people I should be looking out for? I've watched perhaps two episodes of Dynamite and haven't followed wrestling closely in about a decade. I know who Danhausen is, but other than that it's really only the ex WWE names, Omega and the Bucks.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

Who are some of the less well known people I should be looking out for? I've watched perhaps two episodes of Dynamite and haven't followed wrestling closely in about a decade. I know who Danhausen is, but other than that it's really only the ex WWE names, Omega and the Bucks.

Orange Cassidy, The Acclaimed, FTR, Lucha Bros, MJF, Darby, Sammy, Britt Baker, Jade Cargill, are good ones to look out for. The PPV this weekend will feature most of those as well.