AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

Seen a few people saying they wanted aisle seats etc, if you think you've booked one via ticketmaster I'd check again, their seating plan for what looks like is on the aisle is all over the place. I always double check on mapaplan to make sure and seats I thought were aisle seats definitely aren't.

Same happened to me for the Carabao Cup Final when went there with Newcastle too, not sure why but the seating plan they provide to book through just shows it all wrong. Know its not a big deal for some but when going on my own I'll only book aisle ones generally so it's a right ballache 

• Paid Members

Got a good Platinum seat in 226 in the first presale. I'd have been happy anywhere not on the floor or restricted view. Seeing Sting again one last time was my main motivation, the last time I seen him was the WWA PPV in Glasgow! One of my biggest regrets as a wrestling fan was not going to WM31, Sting/HHH was incredible fun (the whole show being great also helped) and then obviously after seeing his body break down in his next match against Rollins I thought the chance was gone to ever catch him again. I know I'd be kicking myself forever if he does something substantial here and I missed it. If Goldberg's coming as well? Dreamland. The pop when Saraya says "Wembley is my house" and gets confronted by Drogba will be gargantuan.

Roman's been added to MITB now. Who says competition isn't healthy? After all the years of them ignoring the licence to print money, the UK's finally eating good!

1 minute ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

Roman's been added to MITB now. Who says competition isn't healthy? After all the years of them ignoring the licence to print money, the UK's finally eating good!

Has he? I'll be very happy if that's the case. Really didn't think there'd be a chance.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Roy said:

What does everyone think the chances are of a Bret Hart appearance at the AEW show in London? I'd love to see him back there for the sake of nostalgia.

Zero, he has a WWE legends contract. They'd bloody love to have him there though.

It shouldn't be a surprise given AEW has much better TV clearance than WWE in this country, including until very recently an 11pm Monday night slot on ITV 1. WWE is tucked away on BT sport, which isn't even the most popular pay sports channel, and lost its Channel 5 slots due to shit ratings. 

But given it remained solid WWF country even when WCW was on top in the states, this will surely be a bit of an ego knock to the WWE and its loyalists? Can't imagine what WWE Gareth's twitter timeline is looking like.

Just hoping that Impact reads the UKFF and sets up a north Wales tour featuring stops at Ruabon and Llangefni Town Hall in order to meet its audience demand (which is basically @Butch2000 and me).

Edited by garynysmon

31 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

But given it remained solid WWF country even when WCW was on top in the states, this will surely be a bit of an ego knock to the WWE and its loyalists? Can't imagine what WWE Gareth's twitter timeline is looking like.

I'd be really interested to know how many attendees end up being UK based. I can imagine it's a very popular event for any country over this side of the world and even people in the US being willing to travel for an event of such magnitude. That's not to say it isn't popular here but I definitely think it's an event with a wide appeal.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, garynysmon said:

Zero, he has a WWE legends contract. They'd bloody love to have him there though.

It shouldn't be a surprise given AEW has much better TV clearance than WWE in this country, including until very recently an 11pm Monday night slot on ITV 1. WWE is tucked away on BT sport, which isn't even the most popular pay sports channel, and lost its Channel 5 slots due to shit ratings. 

Just hoping that Impact reads the UKFF and sets up a north Wales tour featuring stops at Ruabon and Llangefni Town Hall in order to meet its audience demand (which is basically @Butch2000 and me).

I'd go to watch Impact in Wales. Ryan Reynolds could let them put a show on at Wrexham's ground.