WWE Sold To Endeavor, Will Merge With UFC

SaitoRyo

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

Being on FOX is a bit like being on Channel 5. It's terrestrial TV/Free-to-Air. So has the largest potential audience as even you cut cable you can still get the channel with an arial. But the Network only came along in the 90s? So doesn't have the prestige or standing of the other networks. Still should lead to new viewers that you wouldn't otherwise get.

Going back to USA means being back in the cable bundle that's losing subscribers year on year. Ratings wise it will be worse for them.

I can’t see USA paying more then Fox were offering for Smackdown either. Seems like a bust of a deal moving from one of the big 4 networks back to cable. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I can’t see USA paying more then Fox were offering for Smackdown either. Seems like a bust of a deal moving from one of the big 4 networks back to cable. 

1.4 billion is the figure being bandied around. No idea if that's accurate, but it would make it more than the Fox deal, on paper at least. I suspect that's a fudged number to some degree though, add ons etc, but they're certainly touting it as an upgrade. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, mim731 said:

1.4 billion is the figure being bandied around. No idea if that's accurate, but it would make it more than the Fox deal, on paper at least. I suspect that's a fudged number to some degree though, add ons etc, but they're certainly touting it as an upgrade. 

They also have the 4 specials in that deal. But the market reach is going to drop dramatically. It did good on Fox, but I don’t think as great as they had hoped and that’s probably why they didn’t renew it

1 minute ago, David said:

Clearing the decks to get Punk's part-time legends deal signed, I'm guessing. Bring the lad home.

Not even that. Jade Cargill, Nia Jax, AOP, Pillman Jr, Kamille are all meant to be signed. Maybe some others. Just had another indie try out class and always have the conveyor belt of NIL types signed up.

The way the company is set up its designed to have this type of churn. So far I don't think i've seen a really surprising name in the list.

• Paid Members
On 9/15/2023 at 10:07 AM, BomberPat said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see talent cut, though not yet, and I imagine the more likely result will be that a lot of people will see their contracts quietly not renewed when they come up.

This round of job cuts will be office staff, because that's where they're going to recognise duplication of work - no point in UFC and WWE having separate legal or marketing teams, for example, if they can just have one TKO team handling both companies. From an audience perspective, that might get interesting if they factor production into this, but chances are this is all corporate stuff that will have no bearing on the product.

Imagine Kevin Dunn directing UFC? Jaysus. 

• Paid Members

Emma's release will probably mean the return of Tenille Dashwood to Impact. 

Nemeth Brothers Vs the Young Bucks? Does Charlie Haas still wrestle at all? Do we get a WGTT reunion somewhere?