WWE Sold To Endeavor, Will Merge With UFC

SaitoRyo

• Paid Members

I wouldn't be surprised to see talent cut, though not yet, and I imagine the more likely result will be that a lot of people will see their contracts quietly not renewed when they come up.

This round of job cuts will be office staff, because that's where they're going to recognise duplication of work - no point in UFC and WWE having separate legal or marketing teams, for example, if they can just have one TKO team handling both companies. From an audience perspective, that might get interesting if they factor production into this, but chances are this is all corporate stuff that will have no bearing on the product.

• Paid Members

My wife bought me a share in WWE years ago as a birthday present, mostly as a fun thing to have on the wall. 

Inked20230915_121025.thumb.jpg.46487f7dad190cb8817729d479b23c7e.jpg

This morning, I received a 400 page legal document in the post regarding the merger.

The postage was probably more than the value of my one share. 

EDIT: Censored to remove legal stuff as I don't want to get sued!

Edited by mim731
Censored to not get sued for posting a legal document!

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Matthew said:

Wonder if any talent will be included?

13 hours ago, David said:

I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case.

4 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see talent cut, though not yet, and I imagine the more likely result will be that a lot of people will see their contracts quietly not renewed when they come up.

Apologies for repeating myself from another couple of threads but, relevant - when I was reading house show results this year (just six shows in January and just four in August which was weighted by them doing two in Ontario around Toronto TV tapings because they had Trish wrestling at home) - there seem to be plenty of talent they use for bulking out house shows, but that have hardly any TV presence. Genuinely in todays "content factory" environment where it only matters if its going on The Network, YouTube, TikTok etc, I think there's less and less emphasis on the touring roster so they're only going to need a roster smaller than ever to fulfil their output requirements for actual wrestling matches.

It's weird how this has all worked out.

Vince is now 40% share holder in an even larger corporation that includes UFC, is back running WWE and producing Raw, and all it cost was his daughter's job, 100+ other staff layoffs and selling the family jewels.

His business acumen is remarkable, but it's a real turnaround for WWE as a wrestling fan.  The HHH/Steph era produced one of the hottest angles in years, elevated some new stars and felt fresh with a direction for the future.  They even used the word wrestling on tv!

Given the fact that Vince was thrown out of the corporate part of WWE for being a sex pest, if you'd written this as a story people wouldn't have believed you.

Edited by Loki

It’s very funny (not in a good way, to be clear) that Vince and Ari Emanuel gave a talk to all non-fired employees yesterday where Vince said “the business had plateaued before the takeover” (that’ll have made him feel good, the barely employed plateau-ers), called Ari “his boss” and Ari introduced - to a room full of people who were still coming to terms with the sight of empty desks where their colleagues and friends would have sat - his daughter, who has just been given a fat nepo-contract to work for the WWE.

41 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Ari introduced - to a room full of people who were still coming to terms with the sight of empty desks where their colleagues and friends would have sat - his daughter, who has just been given a fat nepo-contract to work for the WWE.

This is another, in a long list of reasons to take dirtsheets with a pinch of salt.

His daughter's been working at WWE since 2021. It's been clipped up and aggregated as a new hire. When nobody seems to know the context in why she was brought up.

1 minute ago, Infinity Land said:

This is another, in a long list of reasons to take dirtsheets with a pinch of salt.

His daughter's been working at WWE since 2021. It's been clipped up and aggregated as a new hire. When nobody seems to know the context in why she was brought up.

That’s better.

Though, still deeply weird that a man that powerful feels the need to single out his daughter for introduction when she’s working as an EA. That’s a power move.