WWE Sold To Endeavor, Will Merge With UFC

SaitoRyo

Yeah sorry if my wording was a bit off. That's what I was aiming for with "failed a bit now". Obviously I'd never suggest his entire movie career was a failure. He hit heights that no one imagined he would. But it definitely feels like he's lost the bullet proof stature and made some questionable choices and his trajectory is down. So that's why I thought maybe he sees more value in looking elsewhere for success now.

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

From Reuters:

Silver Lake to take Endeavor private in deal valuing entertainment firm at $13 bln

Private equity firm Silver Lake, the biggest investor in Endeavor Group Holdings (EDR.N), opens new tab, on Tuesday said it had agreed to a deal to take the talent and entertainment agency private for $13 billion.

As part of the deal, Endeavor stockholders will receive $27.50 per share in cash, representing a premium of 55% to the closing price of $17.72 before Silver Lake in October said it was working to take the company private.

Shares were hovering at $25.94 in afternoon trading.

Silver Lake is the largest shareholder in Endeavor, owning about 31% of the outstanding shares as of Dec. 31, according to LSEG data.

Silver Lake late last year said it was working to take Endeavor private, after the entertainment giant announced that it had begun a review to explore alternatives that better value the company.

Endeavor had then said that it was evaluating strategic options, but would not consider a sale or disposition of its majority interest in TKO Group Holdings (TKO.N), opens new tab, a separately traded company whose assets include WWE and Ultimate Fighting Championship.