WWE Sold To Endeavor, Will Merge With UFC

SaitoRyo

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but they can still come to a deal with either, it's just that it hasn't been done within in the window?

I'd be surprised if Disney made a bigger offer seeing as they've been making huge cuts recently.

Yes, it’s just now other parties can get a go. As to Disney depends on the deal value/length. Wrestling is still a cheap production considering how much they spend on a movie. But the ad revenue has been tanking on Fox and it’s been making a loss on the last deal, so either they expect someone else to come in or wwe may have to lower their valuation 

• 2 months later...

The merger looks like it's going through today, as of tomorrow the WWE is no longer owned by a McMahon.

No real changes up until now, but do we think we'll see some from this point onwards?  

1 minute ago, Loki said:

The merger looks like it's going through today, as of tomorrow the WWE is no longer owned by a McMahon.

No real changes up until now, but do we think we'll see some from this point onwards?  

If it's anything like how things have gone with the UFC, you'll see athlete pay stagnate despite increases in overall company profitability. The only real difference is that the UFC doesn't have any real competition in the US, while AEW could look to profit from athletes who are unhappy with their lot.

Interesting times. One thing I will say is that generally Endeavor coming in means good things for them and their shareholders. For the fans and athletes? Not so much.

4 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

None at all I would wager.

It depends what you mean by changes. As I mention above, there will be adjustments to the business model for sure. Ari Emanuel and Endeavor have a blueprint for how they do things. And all of their companies fall into line.

Vince is apparently back from medical leave as well, so it feels like things will continue the way they have been for a bit!

It’s an odd time.  Vince feels half out the door but clearly he has experience they still need.

Hunter is largely in charge but actually way down the corporate ladder now.  Steph is… out completely?

40 minutes ago, Loki said:

Vince is apparently back from medical leave as well, so it feels like things will continue the way they have been for a bit!

It’s an odd time.  Vince feels half out the door but clearly he has experience they still need.

Hunter is largely in charge but actually way down the corporate ladder now.  Steph is… out completely?

I imagine they'll run it similarly to the UFC, where they kept Dana White as President. He basically runs the day-to-day stuff based on "big picture" plans that are passed down from the ownership group. They appreciate his knowledge of MMA and the UFC and realise he knows more about the fight-centric element of it all.

I imagine Vince will be in the same position.