WWE Sold To Endeavor, Will Merge With UFC

SaitoRyo

14 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Vince has fired round a company email. It’s largely as you’d expect but this was a key quote I picked up on -

Both WWE and UFC will become wholly owned subsidiaries of the new company but retain our separate brands, as well as our leadership teams and headquarters.

So while a new name for the combined entity is in the works, the two brands of UFC and WWE will still be retained. Which I think makes total sense - all you’d do is massively piss off both fanbases and potentially lose money in terms of the brand value they still both represent if you called it one thing. 

Additionally H retains his creative director role

17 hours ago, Nick James said:

WWE will be dead in 6 months. 

Can you expand on why you think this please? I'm trying to wrap my head around the whole thing. 

Also, what's with that fucking moustache? It's worse than Cody's tattoo. 

Edited by IronSheik

I think it frustrating to see the headlines UFC have bought wwe, when any read of the statements tell you that's not the case🙄

For all the jokes, I think there will be very little, if any crossover. If anything, situations like UFC 200 will be easier to arrange and the use of the video library for pre fight packages will be more apparent. 

I think it's sad you can already see Vince's grubby little fingerprints all over the product (I just watched RAW) but in 2023 we have more alternatives than ever that are easily accessible online.

Interesting times, I don't think it will be the doom and gloom people are predicting but I also don't think it will be an exciting future.

Family businesses have a habit of surviving even the bleakest of winters. Mad bastards like Vince tend to never take no for an answer.

I think this puts WWE’s position as a forever company in a little bit of jeopardy, should business really take a turn.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

53 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

I think it frustrating to see the headlines UFC have bought wwe, when any read of the statements tell you that's not the case🙄

If Vince had bought another company thirty years ago, the headlines would have been "WWF" as the buyer, not "Titan Sports." It's shorthand and gives a rough outline of the story to a majority who don't recognise the names of parent companies.

• Paid Members

This new company will be right up there among the world's leaders for having the most carny, untrustworthy, batshit insane, deviant cunts, all under one roof.

Ari Emmanuel can stick his flywheel kiss arsing of Vince right up his synergy. That interview was complete corporate B.S "speak for ages without saying anything" chatter. They should merge with the Tory party for all the Internationalisation and branding opportunities it would present. In which case, of course, the wrestling is only for the BBC not those ITV ingrates. 

• Paid Members

Nothing Earth-shattering is ever going to come from those interviews. Any newsworthy quotes will have already come from pre-published statements. They'll wheel out figureheads for things like this because it looks like good PR and they'll either confirm what's already in the statement or pie it off with waffle. They won't be challenged in the same way politicians are challenged as there's not as much to gain from it. It's all white noise - nothing juicy should ever really be expected from them. 

As things develop with this, the figureheads like Vince/Dana etc will be less of a talking point and things will largely go back to how they were in terms of the products themselves being the dominant talking points (for better or worse!).

How are MMA fans (in non-wrestling circles) reacting to the news?

I'm under the impression some have built their identity on supporting something that's diametrically opposed to "that fake shit," so I'd enjoy seeing some tantrums over these brands becoming synergised bedfellows.

1 minute ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Well this one Irish news source had an interesting understanding of it...

spacer.png

That's perfection. Please tell me there's a thread about that on a UFC forum somewhere.

• Paid Members

I've got a sneaking suspicion that that's on purpose. It's perfectly plausible that it's just naiveté, but there's just something about it that suggests someone's on the wind-up.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

How are MMA fans (in non-wrestling circles) reacting to the news?

I imagine there’s been a few outbursts on Sherdog and places like that but that was always a shithole forum full of wallies anyway. Same as there’ll be a section of wrestling fans fully expecting WWE wrestlers to be forced to wear UFC Venum fight kits going forward. There’s a big dollop of idiots in both fanbases. I haven’t really seen any moaning on my Twitter timeline. I think the majority of people know what this is. Closest there’ll probably be to anything resembling a crossover is maybe a Brock Lesnar vs Jon Jones fight in the UFC or someone like Conor McGregor appearing on a WrestleMania. It’s funny to picture an ‘invasion’ though, or old mental Vince’s quads exploding again as he tries to do a run in up the Octagon steps.