WWE Sold To Endeavor, Will Merge With UFC

SaitoRyo

His hair dye is even more arresting in full motion video. It's like he bottled up everything Rudy Giuliani sweated out. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

It's felt a bit like Vince has been getting his feet back under the table for a month or so.  I guess this and the finish to WM Night 2 pretty much confirm that.

I wonder if Hunter will stick around for an effective demotion?  6 months ago he and his wife were pretty much running the whole thing.  Now he's, what, 4 rungs down the ladder with his father-in-law making the big creative calls.  Not the ending he was hoping for I'd imagine.

We may have only had, what, less than 12 months of the HHH Era but it felt genuinely different, a sea change in how they approached long term storytelling, who they felt comfortable pushing, the diversity of the cards and so on.  It really felt like the WWE was entering its post-Vince era, long imagined.  Now I honestly think Vince won't leave until he's dead.  This was his chance to actually retire, and clearly he didn't like it.

We've been talking for months about how Cody's big push to the title win at WM was a message to AEW stars about how the door was open at WWE.  What message are they receiving now?

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Loki said:

It really felt like the WWE was entering its post-Vince era, long imagined.  Now I honestly think Vince won't leave until he's dead.  This was his chance to actually retire, and clearly he didn't like it.

One interesting thing was the way the board seats are to be stacked, with Endeavour having the controlling majority, presumably meaning Vince could be ousted if more scandals break, should they wish to. 

I think there's been a lot of knee jerk from all sides with the whole creative switchover to be honest. 

The product didn't change overnight, but on the other hand notions that Vince would be back shadow booking within a week aged like fine milk. It's probably six of one and half a dozen of the other at this point. Vince will probably take a last stand with some creative uh...insights...over the next few months but all jokes aside he's still not getting any younger. I imagine it'll be Trips as your commander back there in guerrilla for virtually all the shows. He's not done too badly for himself. 

WrestleMania night two spoilers:

Spoiler

I'm a Paul Levesque guy but I also don't see anything particularly blazing from his make up or business philosophy that would have guaranteed Cody going over.

1 hour ago, Loki said:

Now I honestly think Vince won't leave until he's dead.  This was his chance to actually retire, and clearly he didn't like it.

I think he'll fancy going out on his own terms, and recent developments would paint a picture of that not being the case. If he'd stepped away immediately after the sale there would be the optics that he's been sent out to pasture by the new ownership group, and he won't like that.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if there's an unofficial agreement between all parties that he's going to hang around and help with the settling in period before making his retirement announcement within the year. On his own terms.

Micky Rourke’s dad is what Vince looks like. Honestly he reminds me of this old fella who used to work in the local Topman, he would always be in his suit with the most absurd dyed black comb over you could imagine. Forever banging on about how he had lost his mojo this week and was hoping the weekend groove would find it. Truth be told i’m not even convinced he worked there and was instead just a local nutter who liked to hang around the shop and offer help picking the perfect ‘going out’ outfit. 

• Paid Members

Vince has fired round a company email. It’s largely as you’d expect but this was a key quote I picked up on -

Both WWE and UFC will become wholly owned subsidiaries of the new company but retain our separate brands, as well as our leadership teams and headquarters.

So while a new name for the combined entity is in the works, the two brands of UFC and WWE will still be retained. Which I think makes total sense - all you’d do is massively piss off both fanbases and potentially lose money in terms of the brand value they still both represent if you called it one thing. 

7 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

How long is their deal? 

Once it runs out I doubt there is much they can do about it. 

2026 is when the deal runs out, the only thing to worry about down the road is PLE's on the network / peacock will be moved to 60 - 70 dollar PPV's but i don't think that will happen but you never know..