Pete's 2023 Breaking Death News Thread

Gus Mears

1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

The Old Man Drag

I said to me fiancée at the time that if this was our wedding song, I’d double barrel my name to include hers. She declined. Now she is a PhD holding, leading researcher and academic with plenty of peer reviewed papers published and I’m a physically and mentally broken down alcoholic living in poverty and squalor. Shane would’ve wrote about me and not her so when you think about it, I’ve had the last laugh here. 

• Paid Members

I said to my fiance, if this be our wedding dance.
Then I would wear the dress and I would let her wear the pants.
And now she is a doctor and I live inside a bin.
It's plain as day to see that it was me who got the win.

The last laugh was mine. THE LAST LAUGH WAS MINE.

My liver's shot, I've gone to pot, but everything is fine.

The last laugh was mine. THE LAST LAUGH WAS MINE.

I need to phone the doctors in the moooooorning.

*Fiddle solo.

• Awards Moderator

In a very UKFF moment, @Wretch was one of the first to message me about Dean Sullivan’s passing.

I said to him at the time that I’d had almost as many notifications about this as I had when Thatcher carked it. Since then, big Jimmy has well overtaken her.

He also died on the same day as George Harrison, so I’m breaking into Darren Ambrose’s house on 28th November next year and wrapping him in cotton wool.

Rest in peace, Deano. Meme machine and wonderful bloke.

photo29-07-2017200434.thumb.jpeg.4af3aa0099c05fbd4e79b7f18cc8509c.jpeg

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Didn’t he shag Fred the noncey weatherman? (Corkhill, not any of the others)

Out of the way Richard Pryor and Marlon Brando, there's a new power couple in town. 

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

One that slipped through the cracks yesterday - Alistair Darling, aged 70.

Sorry.

You have nothing to apologise for. That gave me a proper giggle. 

• Paid Members

Dean Sullivan’s passing has reminded me of this…

I love it 😂 I remember seeing it on here at the time but what was the story behind this? Was he a complete surprise to the crowd? Going to a wrestling show the last thing you’d expect to be seeing is Jimmy Corkhill lamp someone and then the Brookside theme kicks in. Sounds like a good night out! 

Edited by wandshogun09

I was at that show, it was a total surprise. I can't remember the exact setup, probably Jackie Polo slagging off Liverpool and egging someone from the back to come and take him on. The Brookside theme hits, Jimmy wanders out, crowd goes mental, then you can see the rest of it in that video. I've been watching wrestling for going on 35 years and that's definitely one of the top 5 wrestling things that I've witnessed in real life.