Pete's 2023 Breaking Death News Thread

Gus Mears

spacer.png

Tbf the fact that the woman pictured in the middle here had another 33 years to go when this picture was taken is pretty good arrows. 50 year old women just don’t look like dinner ladies anymore.

Edited by Mr_Danger

Captain Mike Yates from Pertwee era Dr Who, actor Richard Franklin aged 87 on Christmas day.

Aussie restaurateur and TV chef Bill Granger aged 54. This is very sad. I was just wondering the other day why he had disappeared from the public eye.

Edited by Just Some Guy
Spelling

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2023/dec/27/parasite-actor-lee-sun-kyun-found-dead-in-seoul

Lee Sun Kyun, best known for his role in Parasite, aged 48.

Never realised South Korea had such strict drug laws.

Horrible news. He was amazing in a film called A Hard Day (hugely recommended) as well as Parasite. A big loss.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Just Some Guy said:

Aussie restaurateur and TV chef Bill Granger aged 54. This is very sad. I was just wondering the other day why he had disappeared from the public eye.

That's very sad. I remember his cooking programme from the mid-00s - was very light and breezy, made Sydney look like a lovely place to visit by cooking in his kitchen overlooking the harbour, and he came across as this nice family man, as he made sweetcorn breakfast pancakes for his little kids. 54 is no age at all - can only imagine the impact it's had on his family.

RIP.

• Awards Moderator
4 hours ago, Just Some Guy said:

Awful news. A very talented chef with a real passion for easy home cooking. His "Feed Me Now" and "Everyday Asian" are absolutely cracking books full of things just a little different to what you usually have. Completely charismatic and it appears everyone loved him. 

• Awards Moderator
16 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-67830106

This brexit really does mean brexit. Au revoir Jacques. 2 short of a century is a fine knock. 

He looks like he’s reading the Fry-up thread and someone* has beans in a ramekin.

IMG_0900.thumb.jpeg.1ed2c1ca2e952f69752d8b5bd25c7ed7.jpeg

*me. Usually me.

Edited by Frankie Crisp