Pete's 2023 Breaking Death News Thread

Gus Mears

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

To make this thread better, this was fucking beautiful. 

How very Irish? Its a funeral, yet they are all singing a Christmas song and dancing and noone thinks it's weird!

Bloody brilliant fun and what I would love my funeral to end up like!

• Paid Members

The Driver is one of my favourite ever films and Paper Moon is one of the great American movies. What's Up Doc?, Zero Effect, The Thief Who Came to Dinner and Barry Lyndon are all superb, too. Superb actor who had a consistently fine career even when the films weren't that good.

Ryan O’Neal had a lovely late gig playing a character on Bones, which was a bit of a blanket watch for Mrs Loki and I during lockdown.

But all accounts rather hard to deal with in his prime, it was nice to see him having fun on a telly show. it’s 

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Bicurious Dad said:

It truly will be the happiest place on earth tonight.

The most magical place on earth.  (The gag works perfectly well, I'm just an absolute pedant)

Spoiler

Slogan wise Disneyland is the happiest place on earth.  Walt Disney World is the most magical place on earth.

Edited by johnnyboy

4 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67687117

Shirley Anne Field, actress. She had an impressive CV and a good innings. 

Pete must be on holiday or something. 

Nah, family commitment to watching my stepson officially enrolling in the ATC. Very proud dad moment this evening.

Normal service will resume shortly.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Well this is an absolute kicker.

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/andre-braugher-dead-brooklyn-nine-nine-1235835771/

Captain Holt was one of the best TV Characters. Talented actor. We’ve lost some big ones this year.

FFS, I'm currently making my way through Brooklyn Nine-Nine. That's terrible news.

Fucking hell. 

Most will know him from Brooklyn Nine Nine, and he was terrific as Captain Holt. Probably the best and funniest thing about that show, to be honest.

But he was (as Keith pointed out) also excellent in the tremendous (and sadly somewhat overlooked) Homicide: Life on the Street.

You did not want to be in 'The Box' with Detective Frank Pembleton, le me tell you. A tour de force.

RIP.