AEW Revolution 2022 *Potential Spoilers*

WeeAl

• Paid Members

I was disappointed Thunder Rosa didn't win but I'm assuming they're saving that for St Patrick's Day Slam so they can do a one year later thing from their Lights Out match. Britt Baker has been a lousy Champion. It's not entirely her fault, her booking has been very muddled and subpar since she won it however she definitely appears to have regressed. Her matches and promos have been gradually getting worse for months now.

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

I was disappointed Thunder Rosa didn't win but I'm assuming they're saving that for St Patrick's Day Slam so they can do a one year later thing from their Lights Out match. Britt Baker has been a lousy Champion. It's not entirely her fault, her booking has been very muddled and subpar since she won it however she definitely appears to have regressed. Her matches and promos have been gradually getting worse for months now.

By booking a number one contender's match between Thunder Rosa and Leyla Hirsch during the PPV. It's kind of obvious where they're going. To be honest i'm a little happier by it. The build to the PPV match was rather lacklustre. Thunder Rosa smashing Jamie and Reba and still getting screwed in the finish for me heated it up a little.

I thought it was a brilliant show overall but length was an issue. I hope they don't fall into the trap of trying to get everyone on the big shows, several of these matches could have been on a special edition of Dynamite and Rampage to lead into the show.

Why didn't Regal have a theme? New music plays and everyone be like wtf? Then out he walks, the pop would have been massive. If ROH is going to become a training ground then Regal is a brilliant signing and will help them produce 'characters' as opposed to generic indy wrestlers (Which AEW don't need anymore of)

Regals debut was more a reaction to something, than him debuting to do something. The side ramp, no music, angry Da’ that was trying to shit in peace until the kids start fighting was perfect as it was 

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

Why didn't Regal have a theme? New music plays and everyone be like wtf? Then out he walks, the pop would have been massive.

...but the pop was fucking massive. Him coming out naturally made the angle feel real, unpredictable and exciting. Him coming out to theme music and a titantron video in the middle of this gritty, realistic angle would have been amazingly shit.

1 minute ago, LaGoosh said:

...but the pop was fucking massive. Him coming out naturally made the angle feel real, unpredictable and exciting. Him coming out to theme music and a titantron video in the middle of this gritty, realistic angle would have been amazingly shit.

Absolutely this. That suggestion is literally "WWE Surprise Debut 101". AEW may use it from time to time but they're not afraid to do something different too which is the important thing.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Jesus fucking Christ do I not want music and a video ready for a surprise appearance. It’s a work, but I want it to be real, and nothing shatters the illusion more that somebody showing up is a surprise than knowing company workers have been sat there creating a video and picking their music in advance of their completely shocking surprise appearance.

Another thing re his appearance, thank fuck aew seem to be thinking outside the box and he’s not just plugged in as a GM in a role he’s done for best part of 20 years. They seem to look back at what TNA did with new to them wwe guys, then avoid it as best possible 

2 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Regal should have debuted with the lights going off and then on again. That’s something they definitely don’t do enough of.

If you can find a way of getting security involved, I think you might get hired as a writer.

• Paid Members

As much as Regal is hilarious in his comedic timing, he is definitely best used as previously mentioned, as the angry Dad coming out to scold his kids and bang their heads together. He is a believable hard nut that commands respect. It won't have the same effect when he inevitably screams 'BLOOD AND GUTS' as it used to when he screamed 'WAR GAMES!', though. 

Regal is just the type of person that AEW needs, and someone I am sure Tony Khan will listen to if he tells him something isn't right. Could potentially be AEW's best signing to date, to be honest, especially with the ROH deal in the bag. 

Regal being the coach of a Danielson and Moxley led stable of hard cases would potentially be some lovely stuff. Chuck Claudio in with them and you have just secured months of guaranteed awesome tag and six man tag TV matches. Stick someone like Garcia in as well for a nice little rub.

I thought Punk really showed his value and his strengths over the last few weeks and on this show. He has always been at his best when he's got a program he can really get stuck into and tell his story. This whole thing played out perfectly and sits up there with the absolute top tier stuff in his career. Interesting that he motioned for the belt when he stood up on the ropes after his match. I cant really imagine him sliding into a program with either Sammy or Page right now. Hopefully he gets taken on a few little side quests first.