AEW Revolution 2022 *Potential Spoilers*

WeeAl

8 minutes ago, Suplex Sinner said:

Another PPV and another AEW title match that was just there. Adam Cole's debut was fun but he's done nothing since and was never a threat for the big title. The match with Page was fine but the feud has been a nothing feud. Page has had his redemption story and title run but for the greater good it's probably time to stick it on one of the big boys, Punk, Danielson or Moxley. That's where the action is at. That's no disrespect to Page, his matches are perfectly fine but there's nothing more than that going on with him. 

Put it on one of them and you’d have the same issue page has in that they don’t have champions lose to build up matches( bar the lights out nonsense). The other feuds work better as have back and forth wins and losses. Title picture is a bit more linear in its story 

I thought the show was great. Too long, as usual, but great. The crowd were so hot for the first two or three matches but burned themselves out a bit but that Sting match brought them back. They went out there, I assumed, as a cool down before the main event and said fuck your cool down, we are going crazy. This is wonderful:

Some spots on the show had me thinking about that post on here the other week. "Maybe wrestling *is* too dangerous?" Sammy killing himself for that Spanish Fly, OC getting yeeted and not getting caught.

Edited by 69MeDon

• Paid Members

Good show. Delighted to see Regal, all the matches pretty much delivered, standouts were the MJF/Punk match and Bryan/Moxley one. Main event was fine, but it was the least interesting so  a shame it had to go on last.

I never want to have to see Kingston's gut on TV again. Funny to see him wrestle Jericho though, who's received a lot of criticism for his body in recent years but has got in shape. The contrast was incredible, Y2J has never been close to looking as horrible. If I want to see a pot belly like that, I'll look down. Though his is less pot, more cauldron.

Edited by gmoney

3 hours ago, RedRooster said:I'm starting to wonder if the bloom is already off the rose with Keith Lee. On Rampage, during the break, Taz had a very genuine sounding rant about how Keith Lee would pass people in the hall without speaking to them, and that "saying hello" goes a long way sometimes. Jim Ross said something similar on the PPV, although this time, Taz attempted to justify it by saying it was because he was an "intense" guy. It'll be interesting to see what he does next. 

I picked up on that too and Lee mentioned on his recent Talk Is Jericho podcast appearance that he felt early in NXT the fact that he didn’t necessarily have conversations with everyone was held against him as a perception he was arrogant.

• Paid Members

Whenever they wheel Negative One out it always makes me feel bad for the younger kid. Never mentioned in the same breath as his dad, has to see his brother get his own action figure pair with him and he gets no fanfare or anything.

I imagine he’s obviously equally as looked after backstage but something doesn’t sit right with me how he’s sat in the dark while his mam and brother are on telly all the time for a cheap pop.

1 minute ago, FelatioLips said:

Whenever they wheel Negative One out it always makes me feel bad for the younger kid. Never mentioned in the same breath as his dad, has to see his brother get his own action figure pair with him and he gets no fanfare or anything.

I imagine he’s obviously equally as looked after backstage but something doesn’t sit right with me how he’s sat in the dark while his mam and brother are on telly all the time for a cheap pop.

Maybe the kid just doesn’t like wrestling same way Brody Junior does 

1 hour ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Add into that the wheeling out of Brodie Lee's wife and son which I just feel very odd about. I appreciate they're probably mates backstage and she's probably nice to the son but it just seems a bit too "cheer for me look I'm out here with a widow and her son". Not saying I'm right, just my opinion.

Unless i missed something it was Anna Jay (Tay's tag partner) and Negative 1 that came out with Tay Conti. Negative 1 doing the TayJay secret handshake and leaving. Tay's considered an unofficial member of the Dark Order, which is why not everyone's there doing the claw which is the typical Dark Order entrance for members.

• Paid Members

These shows are too long. I shouldn’t be zoning out and switching the show off during a Danielson vs. Moxley match.

Say what you want about Triple H and NXT 1.0 but those two and a half hour Takeovers were spot on. Hopefully Regal has a word.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Supremo said:

These shows are too long. I shouldn’t be zoning out and switching the show off during a Danielson vs. Moxley match.

Say what you want about Triple H and NXT 1.0 but those two and a half hour Takeovers were spot on. Hopefully Regal has a word.

I agree. 30 minute pre show, then a 3 hour PPV is the one. I’d rather 5 of those per year then the current 4 at the current length.

17 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Having watched that match back in Isolation, I found it just to be a dull match than as a result of having seen too much already 

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Supremo said:

The show is one match away from being a fantastic 2 night card with 2 lots of everything and at least 3 legit headliners

image.thumb.png.6d8ada99a223a0d06bd4fc8b14368dce.png

Edited by chokeout

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Sting’s splash was a highlight. Britt Baker winning the exact same way again was not. She’s making every face on the women’s roster look thick as pig shit.

She's afraid of literally *nobody* on the roster for that reason because she has decisive wins, interference be damned, on just about everyone brought in. And even in Mercedes' case turning on her was logical, having a bog-standard tag match the next week with no build was not. It would've been better to have Merc/Jamie in a single to set up Merc running Jamie and Rebel out of the title match so it was a straight fight, then carry the bollocks onto Dynamite; instead we have a fresh-turned babyface that wasn't involved in the tag finish and WinnerJobsOnThePPVLol.

I really hope they don't jump the gun and have Jade steamroll through the help inside a few weeks.

Edited by seph

Interesting to see what Regal gets up to. You'd reckon Bryan and Mox are above storylines involving them being told off by Regal or whatever though. Star wise they're head and shoulders above a tag title run as well. Suppose it would be good craic the 3 of them just palling around, but feels like a bit of a waste too.

At this stage one of Punk/Mox/MJF has to get involved in the world title feud. Poor Hangman's reign has been fairly lacklustre, not helped by being saddled with wasters like Cole.