AEW Revolution 2022 *Potential Spoilers*

WeeAl

6 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Britt countering Rosa's attempt at the lockjaw by biting when nobody tries to do that whenever she applies it was stupid. Unless they're going to have a rematch on account of Rosa having Britt beaten twice and do the title change elsewhere I don't know what they do with the women's title from here? I hope they haven't held back on a title change here to try and pop a rating at the Paddy's day show.

I was going to say that's the point of her glove. Protection from being bitten. In my head it's a thick leather glove, but looking for a pic in the early days she's done it with latex and barehanded.

With all the interference costing Thunder the match. I'm expecting a cage match at the St Paddys show. That or maybe a lumberjack match. Since Britt has certainly pissed enough people off and Thunder's has teamed with a few of the faces.

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

I was going to say that's the point of her glove. Protection from being bitten. In my head it's a thick leather glove, but looking for a pic in the early days she's done it with latex and barehanded.

With all the interference costing Thunder the match. I'm expecting a cage match at the St Paddys show. That or maybe a lumberjack match. Since Britt has certainly pissed enough people off and Thunder's has teamed with a few of the faces.

I'd guess Red Velvet and/or Kris Statlander will get involved and cost Layla Hirsch, then maybe there'll be a stip for the title match, or Rosa will have Marcedes Martinez and possibly Ruby Soho in her corner to even thing up. 

• Paid Members

Just finished watching this. I could nitpick a fair few things but fuck it, I think overall it was one of the best wrestling shows I've ever seen.

Worth mentioning though that I spaced it out over 3 viewings. If I watched the whole thing in one 4 hour sesh I might feel a bit different.

Edited by LaGoosh

I've felt myself going off Hangman quite a but over the last few weeks but it was sad to hear him getting booed during this.

During the introductions he was heavily booed and at quite a few points during the match. I can't put my finger on it but I think, whilst his redemption story was fantastic, there's so many more over and interesting characters about at the minute that he doesn't really fit in at the very top of the card.

Think they need to get the belt off him, Punk was gesturing to his waist after his win so maybe he's next in line which is only going to get Page turned on more.

3 minutes ago, Doog said:

I've felt myself going off Hangman quite a but over the last few weeks but it was sad to hear him getting booed during this.

During the introductions he was heavily booed and at quite a few points during the match. I can't put my finger on it but I think, whilst his redemption story was fantastic, there's so many more over and interesting characters about at the minute that he doesn't really fit in at the very top of the card.

Think they need to get the belt off him, Punk was gesturing to his waist after his win so maybe he's next in line which is only going to get Page turned on more.

The intros felt more cause Cole is from Florida than being anti Hangman. If it keeps going when they are off the Florida loop then maybe. Also read on a Reddit there was a section who didn’t take to his gear as it was a Dont Say Gay protest and were vocal about that 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Doog said:

there's so many more over and interesting characters about at the minute that he doesn't really fit in at the very top of the card.

You've said it so much better than I tried to earlier. I get the counter point that was made by Louch about champions not losing matches but even as a character, Page has lost the lustre. He's achieved what he was supposed to as the 3rd pillar (ergo AEW Champion) and nothing since has been up to the same standard. Partly I think because I checked out after he won it as that was the whole point. Punk and Danielson and MJF can and have proven that they can carry feuds of various types. The first post title run Page has had has felt completely irrelevant. And yes part of that is me because I know nothing Page does is likely to reach the same level of personal investment but it is what it is. 

It was in Orlando. While i'm sure there were plenty of flyins. There still would have been plenty of NXT/Undisputed Era fanboys there to cheer their BAYBAY.

Cole was the wrong PPV opponent for Hangman. Cole isn't a physical threat to Hangman, and he doesn't play up the heel antics to be hated like Jay White recently showcased. It also felt like a minor league retread of the Omega feud. I was convinced it was going to be the Young Bucks come out instead of the Dark Order.

They've got to give him something meaningful, and the worry is who's next? If Miro pops up on Wednesday like Archer did, great. Other than that they've ruined Malakai Black and Andrade as singles for the time being. MJF should be distracted by Wardlow at the very least. Mox now aligned with Danielson and Regal overshadows almost everything. Everything except Punk, and Punk should be winning the title if he's challenging.

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, Doog said:

I think he got booed because they were in Cole' s home state, and hopefully not because of his pride colours. 

@Infinity LandJay White Vs Page would be a heck of a match. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

I enjoyed the show overall, I skipped through the womans matches though. The crowd was surprisingly muted for the 2 bigger matches ( Punk/MJF & MoxDanielson ) which hurt them both for me, I enjoyed the Mox match more overall. The crowd actually being into the main event made it more enjoyable for me,  there were no 2 minutes of pure silence like in the other 2.

I watched up to the end of the ladder match when I woke up and that first hour or so was really great, fell asleep during the buy in sop cant comment on that

6 minutes ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

I enjoyed the show overall, I skipped through the womans matches though. The crowd was surprisingly muted for the 2 bigger matches ( Punk/MJF & MoxDanielson ) which hurt them both for me, I enjoyed the Mox match more overall. The crowd actually being into the main event made it more enjoyable for me,  there were no 2 minutes of pure silence like in the other 2.

I watched up to the end of the ladder match when I woke up and that first hour or so was really great, fell asleep during the buy in sop cant comment on that

It's becoming increasingly common for AEW crowds to burn out, even during some of the best shows.

Someone with more knowledge could probably say why but I'm guessing it's a pacing issue and where in the show things are placed.

• Paid Members

It feels like it's just straight up big matches, and nothing ever feels like it's booked to bring the crowd down a little, plus it's 5 hours long, and I can imagine it'd be a long night. 

5 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Britt countering Rosa's attempt at the lockjaw by biting when nobody tries to do that whenever she applies it was stupid.

Is it just not that Rosa didn’t apply it properly. I think if someone properly pulls ur jaw down you can’t bite as your jaw is the one bit that can bite the top teeth don’t move (if that makes sense)