AEW Revolution 2022 *Potential Spoilers*

WeeAl

It depends on what sport you're talk about? If you're talking about combat sports that don't involve a tournament format or college sports sports then the rankings and how they're abused make sense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_boxing_rankings

Just looking at a random heavyweight boxer with obvious differences between promotions: Luis Ortiz unranked, #8,#7,unranked,#6,#3,#7

The AEW Rankings are like walking onto a movie set and seeing stairs that don't go anywhere. Being on a zoom call with someone that looks like they're an avid reader by the bookcase behind them, only for it to be a virtual background.

They're skin deep.

IF Cody Rhodes were to return tonight (I still think it’s possible, and we may have to deal with people saying the WWE stuff was part of the plan all along), has this situation created enough distance/intrigue to make him less irredeemable than he was?

The fact that all the usual AEW ITK’s are talking about Cody being removed from the Wrestlemania sheets as of today, and I saw someone tweeted ‘Cody is…’ and left it hanging, it just makes me think something is going on.

Cody coming back tonight would not make him any more interesting at all.

Remember when Punk won the championship and left WWE and there could've been all that intrigue on the indies etc but they rushed his return? This would be just as disappointing.

Cody needs to fuck off and do something different before returning, if at all.

5 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Cody coming back tonight would not make him any more interesting at all.

Remember when Punk won the championship and left WWE and there could've been all that intrigue on the indies etc but they rushed his return? This would be just as disappointing.

Cody needs to fuck off and do something different before returning, if at all.

I suspect you’re probably right. The only thing that could potentially save his character is the same thing it’s been for at least a year - a full blown heel turn.

And, crucially, I still think he lacks the self awareness to do it. He’s been tweeting like the sweetest, nice as pie, ‘awww shucks, howdy partner’ all American in his absence. Which is mental, when you consider his value anywhere has to be as a villain at this point. No one buys or wants smug Cody the outreach wanker.

• Paid Members

The year is 2040. Cody is retired and going into the WWE Hall of Fame. People are still fantasy booking a way in which he can break the stipulation and challenge for the AEW World Title.

I like this graphic. What a stacked show.

D3F4940C-B738-4A35-8885-1CD4EA5E7BDF.thumb.jpeg.802efde5ae9dac2193082852293a9096.jpeg

TWELVE matches though. I love this company and I’m interested in every match but twelve is too much. More power to anyone watching this in one sitting. Just do six or eight pay per views a year, Tone.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Supremo said:

The year is 2040. Cody is retired and going into the WWE Hall of Fame. People are still fantasy booking a way in which he can break the stipulation and challenge for the AEW World Title.

I like this graphic. What a stacked show.

D3F4940C-B738-4A35-8885-1CD4EA5E7BDF.thumb.jpeg.802efde5ae9dac2193082852293a9096.jpeg

TWELVE matches though. I love this company and I’m interested in every match but twelve is too much. More power to anyone watching this in one sitting. Just do six or eight pay per views a year, Tone.

To be fair 3 are on the pre show. But even 3 on the pre show is too much really. I’ve taken the morning off work to watch this. I’ll probably stay up for the pre show and the first few matches though.

• Paid Members

My mate wasn't going to bother with the pre-show until I reminded him that HOOK is on it, now he's very excited about it.

15 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

My mate wasn't going to bother with the pre-show until I reminded him that HOOK is on it, now he's very excited about it.

This is my issue. Normally I'd skip the pre show. I did that with All Out and I was still seriously flagging half way through. I am not missing HOOK and I'm sure the House of Black trios match will be good, too. So I guess I'm watching from midnight till 5am. Going to need coffee.

One thing I really like about AEW PPVs is that they're doing different gimmick matches to just the same ones we've seen over and over. For every ridiculous Bonfire sparkler deathmatch we've had, we also get some different stuff like this dog collar match or Stadium Stampede. Makes a change from eleven different names for a No DQ match.

I can't believe they've put Adam Cole's dad belly on the poster like that.

Really good card, feels like a culmination of a lot of hard booking work.  It still feels like AEW is lacking an overall direction since the end of the Omega/Elite era, I wonder if something will come out of tonight that really sets up the next 12 months of booking?