Hall Of Fame 2022

theironshake

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Winston said:

Also where the heck was The Steiners Michigan State theme music.

Tip from a college sports fanatic - if you ever get the chance to meet Rick or Scott, maybe don't say they went to Michigan State...

It's easy to poke fun at but I'm glad for the character of Undertaker that he got that sort of icing on the cake. Whatever about the guy playing him but it felt weird having such a massive figure bow out through this daft "Is he really gone?" series of mopey, overlong documentaries and mid-pandemic, empty arena sendoffs. 

Hopefully that's it from him and the WWE for awhile now. I know he'll never be gone gone, but they've really been living in the shadow of his legacy content to the point where it's been overbearing. The main page of the Network basically looks like Taker TV half the time. 

In wrestling terms, last night was a nice little exclamation mark for him. 

As they didn’t get to do the big send off in front of an audience the first time, it’s in Texas with Vince picking the opponent- dare I say it’s not beyond the realms of possibility or even the worst idea. Taker smashes him in 3 minutes, gets one last match on the big stage in his home-state, rides off into the sunset afterwards.

It would get a better reaction than Cody coming back

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Let him ride his bike to the ring, proper hybrid Taker like in the boneyard match. 

To be honest I wouldn't mind Taker appearing every year, chokeslamming some no hoper and fucking off into a black hole. I always kinda figured that that's what would happen to him. What we've got (him expressing his actual personality) is much, much worse. 

Was Foley not the one to benefit from the Taker HIAC stuff? Taker was already a made man many years before that stuff really. A quick mention would have sufficed like. He didn't mention Austin or Rock either, and they're not on the shitlist presumably. 

I'm sure Foley is tweeting all his favourite wank fodder divas to complain anyway.