Hall Of Fame 2022

theironshake

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, DCW said:

Was Foley not the one to benefit from the Taker HIAC stuff? Taker was already a made man many years before that stuff really. A quick mention would have sufficed like. He didn't mention Austin or Rock either, and they're not on the shitlist presumably. 

I think its more than Undertaker was at deaths door as a character until Mankind made him more than just some walking dead washing up gloved cunt in 96. Not the Hell in a Cell.

• Paid Members

Yeah Taker was proper floundering before 96, for years. Aside from the Yokozuna stuff (and even some of that was silly shite) he was arsing about with the likes of Mabel, Bundy, Kama, IRS, fucking Gonzalez and so on. Even when he got Bret and Diesel in early 96 it was always gonna be short lived with Bret about to go on hiatus and Nash off to WCW.

I think a lot of people forget just how shite most of Taker’s run in 92-95 was. Up until the series with Mankind, the routine seemed to be - some big slug attacks him on Superstars or whatever, or robs his urn, they have a (crap) match, Taker wins and that’d be it. One and done. And it was usually so rotten you didn’t wanna see more than one match anyway. The Mankind run gave him a completely new lease of (deadman) life as a character, gave him someone he could finally have good matches with and I think it also played a big part in him changing up his in ring style as well and going a bit faster paced. Without that Foley feud, 96 would’ve most likely been another rotten year and I’m really not sure how many more of them he’d have survived. If Foley doesn’t come in when he does, Taker probably wouldn’t have had his little title run in 97. The Paul Bearer turn mightn’t have happened either, and if it did then I don’t think it’d have been as good as it was with him going with Mankind. 96 would’ve been another year of Taker doing sod all and we’d have probably got him against the bastard Sultan and Justin ‘Hawk’ Bradshaw on PPV.

I’ve rambled but to sum up, I think that Mankind feud was absolutely pivotal and saved The Undertaker character. If it didn’t happen I really think there’d have been a good chance Taker would’ve ended up going to WCW to don the NWO shirt at the first opportunity in 96/97. You look at him pre-Mankind in 96 and then after 96. It was definitely, 100% the turning point. 

• Paid Members

Taker better not wrestle Rollins thinking he needs a “proper” last match. He subjected everyone to some right crap after the Reigns match - his first attempt at bowing out - didn’t go how he wanted. We could be in for another five years of shite if he fights Seth and it doesn’t go EXACTLY how he wants it to.

1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah Taker was proper floundering before 96, for years. Aside from the Yokozuna stuff (and even some of that was silly shite) he was arsing about with the likes of Mabel, Bundy, Kama, IRS, fucking Gonzalez and so on. Even when he got Bret and Diesel in early 96 it was always gonna be short lived with Bret about to go on hiatus and Nash off to WCW.

I think a lot of people forget just how shite most of Taker’s run in 92-95 was. Up until the series with Mankind, the routine seemed to be - some big slug attacks him on Superstars or whatever, or robs his urn, they have a (crap) match, Taker wins and that’d be it. One and done. And it was usually so rotten you didn’t wanna see more than one match anyway. The Mankind run gave him a completely new lease of (deadman) life as a character, gave him someone he could finally have good matches with and I think it also played a big part in him changing up his in ring style as well and going a bit faster paced. Without that Foley feud, 96 would’ve most likely been another rotten year and I’m really not sure how many more of them he’d have survived. If Foley doesn’t come in when he does, Taker probably wouldn’t have had his little title run in 97. The Paul Bearer turn mightn’t have happened either, and if it did then I don’t think it’d have been as good as it was with him going with Mankind. 96 would’ve been another year of Taker doing sod all and we’d have probably got him against the bastard Sultan and Justin ‘Hawk’ Bradshaw on PPV.

I’ve rambled but to sum up, I think that Mankind feud was absolutely pivotal and saved The Undertaker character. If it didn’t happen I really think there’d have been a good chance Taker would’ve ended up going to WCW to don the NWO shirt at the first opportunity in 96/97. You look at him pre-Mankind in 96 and then after 96. It was definitely, 100% the turning point. 

Ah I never thought of it that way. I wasn't watching regularly back then so only saw the early feud mentioned in passing in the odd compilation or whatever. Never realised twas that a big deal for himself. 

He's coming back against Rollins and he's doing the fucking dive, he's doing the biggest furthest dive he fucking can and he's going to be head to toe in that clobber for cunts who are too thick to get into the army. He's going to fly. Fucking "Whooooooooosh!" he's gonna go. Metres, Clive. The cunts going metres. I can manifest this. I can make it happen with thought.

Edited by Cannibal Man

• Paid Members

I don't think I've ever cringed harder at anything in wrestling as much as I did at Undertaker saying "never say never", and imagine the fucking ground that covers. Much of it also courtesy of the Undertaker, in fairness.

1 hour ago, Cannibal Man said:

He's coming back against Rollins and he's doing the fucking dive, he's doing the biggest furthest dive he fucking can and he's going to be head to toe in that clobber for cunts who are too thick to get into the army. He's going to fly. Fucking "Whooooooooosh!" he's gonna go. Meters, clive. The cunts going meters. I can manifest this. I can make it happen with thought.

Thanks for making me choke on my tea!

I'm all for it. 'Taker or Shane. This genuinely isn't some WrestleCrap cynicism, it's just sort of - I don't know - surrendering to the knowledge that WWE is going to endeavour to be as WWE as possible anyway, so it's going to be a better laugh going in with that hat on and seeing what shite they come out with. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

I think a lot of people forget just how shite most of Taker’s run in 92-95 was

I'd go further than that and say a lot of people forget how shit big chunks of his run were full stop. 

92 - 95, after summerslam 98 until he fucked off for a rest, after Mania 17 until the batista feud, not to mention his countless runs with Kane where the best part of any of them was Cole repeatedly using the phrase "vegetative state". 

Not to say he's a lug, his run with foley was superb as was both his turns with shawn and he had some really good stuff over the years with many people. But for a lot of the time he was a great novelty which lumbered him with shit or he was getting all defensive of his "spot" and being a right cunt which dragged his work down. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Perry said:

It would be funny if they decided to troll every fucker, and it turns out to be Shane after all

The "sources" that were saying It's going to be Cody have also now been saying Cody has cold feet and Shane is in town. I wonder whether somebody there is just throwing out loads of misinformation to keep it from being spoiled, or Vince just hasn't made his mind up yet.