Hall Of Fame 2022

theironshake

Everybody has a price in wrestling. 

Integrity does come a massive second behind the mighty dollar doesn't it, and i mean both ways. 

If vince can get a done from selling you he will truly forgive anything won't he. I mean steiner has said some terrible things publicly about vince, steph, HHH etc hasnt he??

Guess with his health issues, like warrior steiner has suddenly decided to cash out and make peace for those royalty cheques and health benefits. 

On one hand its financially smart. On the other hand, what does it say about someone who'll call someone and there family cunts for the best part of 20 years and then happily accept there money??? 

It's one of the unique things about the wrestling business. The parameters of Real life and its morals just don't seem to apply. 

• Paid Members

“Gimme a fucking mic!”

Its not before time, is it? It’s a coin toss to me whether the team most deserving of being in were the Steiners or the Road Warriors, both having conquered the whole wrestling world long before the WWF held a monopoly on big time wrestling in the States or the ratings war made constant title changes the norm and the number of reigns relatively incomparable from their primes to today. Great addition to an already (mostly) stellar class. Just need to get The Model on the phone now.

8 hours ago, JakeRobertsParoleOfficer said:

It's one of the unique things about the wrestling business.

It’s absolutely not unique to the wrestling business. It’s not even unique to televised sport(s entertainment).

I'd seen discussion around pre-tapes for Hall Of Fame speeches, apparently as a way to stop the undercard entrants from rambling on but also to stop them saying any controversial shit. Is that a thing? I've not watched a Hall Of Fame since Angle chucked milk all over himself so I was still under the impression it was all filmed live infront of the audience.

The Scott stuff is proper wishful thinking. Rehearsal or not, these guys tend to be under some kind of shoot anaesthesia by the time they get to ink the Legends deal and have Vince give them their magic rings. He'll probably thank everyone then do a modern update of the maths promo whilst the cameras find Miz and Ziggler belly laughing. 

40 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

I'd seen discussion around pre-tapes for Hall Of Fame speeches, apparently as a way to stop the undercard entrants from rambling on but also to stop them saying any controversial shit. Is that a thing? I've not watched a Hall Of Fame since Angle chucked milk all over himself so I was still under the impression it was all filmed live infront of the audience.

This i think is the first one they’ve done in front of an audience since the pandemic hit.
The 2019 one was done in front of an audience but I think they were being really strict with the amount of time people were given for speeches so that people didn’t ramble on like Beth Phoenix did a couple of years previous.

2020 I think got postponed because of COVID and was then taped along with the 2021 ceremony in front of the Thunderdome screens a couple of days before broadcast, so they could edit it however they pleased and ended up being about 90 minutes each.

Last I heard this years was being held after Smackdown, so presumably will be taped and edited down should anyone go on a bit. Whether that’s changed or not since then I don’t know, but with only 4 inductions and the Warrior Award, I reckon another tight 90minutes (15 minutes each with Taker getting 30 minutes) is quite possible 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

yeah, I know it's just another way to make money out of people in town for Wrestlemania weekend now, but I much preferred the smaller ceremonies where it felt like a genuine black tie event in front of other wrestlers. It's just a really bizarre look to have a few rows of people tarted up in their best red carpet gear, then an arena full of wrestling fans in jorts and Bullet Club shirts trying to start funny chants. I'd say they could still make big money by treating it as a proper black tie event and charging big money for a table, but I'd shudder to think of who'd actually pay for it. Just Brock Lesnar Guy and Frank The Clown wearing a bowtie over their gimmicks.

Still, nothing worse than last year when the Bellas kept pausing for a reaction from the non-existent crowd, and acting surprised by a piped in "one more match" chant.

1 hour ago, Tommy! said:

Quite, It's normally about £200 an hour to watch Supertape 92.

Difference is I was 20 yrs old looking to get into the business and thinking I was going to get training from a wwf legend.(Hindsight is always 20/20 and I'm not at 41 the inexperienced man I was at 20... Who is) 

Not a 60 Yr old man (and exceptional pro wrestler) whose spent the last 20 years calling my ex bosses family every cunt under the sun in every media forum possible.