Hall Of Fame 2022

theironshake

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, theironshake said:
Do we think this should be the first solo induction since Andre

I said to my other half a week or so ago that I thought they'd do this, just given that they hadn't announced any inductees until now. Given that they're just filming the ceremony directly after Smackdown, rather than as a standalone event, I think that's even more likely now. 

It'll be a chance to trot Undertaker out in front of an audience to give him a proper farewell, and allows them to treat him like Andre as a special attraction that's above and beyond other Hall of Famers and so on. 

Though part of me still wonders if Undertaker might end up wrestling again, just to be able to have an official "last match" in front of an audience. I don't think he will, because it's clear that - in WWE - you're properly retired once Vince decides you're retired, and it seems like that's where we're at, but I do think there's a possibility they use the Hall of Fame induction to set up an angle with 'Taker at Mania. Maybe not even a match, but him showing up to Tombstone/Chokeslam someone.

• 4 weeks later...

Even with people considered jobbers like Koko B. Ware they all have SOMETHING.

He, for example, had a good run in Memphis before spending a few years getting decent babyface reactions in WWE. Also, there are gifs all over Twitter of him doing excellent missile dropkicks and the ghostbuster suplex.

Sharmell however is remembered for being one half of TNA’s worst ever match, and saying “All hail King Booker!” for a year or so. That’s pretty much it.

Edited by dopper

• Paid Members

Don't forget she was a Nitro Girl, and she was The Artist Formerly Known As Prince Iakeua's valet. 

EDIT Also they're launching an NFT called Moonsault. Classy of them to sneak these under the RADAR while the world is mourning Scott Hall. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

EDIT Also they're launching an NFT called Moonsault. Classy of them to sneak these under the RADAR while the world is mourning Scott Hall. 

Surprised they’re not actively using his name to get impressions and sell ‘em.

• Paid Members

Can we stop pretending the criteria isn’t (a) Who isn’t in yet (b) who do they ask and (c) who when invited says “yes?”

The Hall of Fame gig is a friends-and-family backslapper for the company, not unlike your work year-end awards, it’s hardly the Cauliflower Alley Club. Sharmell is married to Booker who’s thought very highly of, and was a key part of his presentation when he was most over as a heel and finally won one of their company-recognised versions of the World title (no, the red-headed steptitle he brought with him from WCW doesn’t count). Would I put her in my Hall of Fame? Of course not, don’t be bloody stupid. But by the standards of the WWE Hall of Fame, while there’s a healthy debate for who’s yet to go in that does deserve to, it’s a complete waste of keystrokes talking about who has/will that doesn’t. “Was over for a bit in 99” etc.