Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Chilly McFreeze said:

Overall I'm gonna say 9/10. Another slice of toast, free tea and a slice of black pudding would give it a perfect 10.

Minor criticism, more distance between the eggs and the beans. I may want to mix them but I want that to be my decision. Use a sausage as a breakwater. But I'm nit-picking, on the whole, a very good effort - 7 on 10.

• Awards Moderator
On 2/11/2022 at 9:18 PM, Frankie Crisp said:

Don’t do the Partridge thing. Too easy.

15 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Minor criticism, more distance between the eggs and the beans. I may want to mix them but I want that to be my decision. Use a sausage as a breakwater. But I'm nit-picking, on the whole, a very good effort - 7 on 10.

9BB9CC36-C241-4F27-B17A-B00646ED3F37.jpeg.9c2b7219740c6e9dc3d14f7ac5a8c7b5.jpeg

6 hours ago, simonworden said:

This is something that used to irk me when I worked in hospitality. Should items such as beans be replaced from a meal or the only option simply be to not have it? I'm sure you're more reasonable but I've had customers ask for beans/egg to be replaced with extra bacon and others who simply want to rebuild a menu. All looker shocked when you can't bend over backwards for them. 

This! 

As a Former Chef it would piss me off when people would bring checks in with low cost items replaced by the expensive stuff (bacon, sausages) 

Had to tell the waitresses that this wasn't allowed. Once had some one try and order 5 sausages instead of beans, 2 pieces of toast , mushrooms and one of their eggs. 

Edited by King of Hamptons

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, King of Hamptons said:

This! 

As a Former Chef it would piss me off when people would bring checks in with low cost items replaced by the expensive stuff (bacon, sausages) 

Had to tell the waitresses that this wasn't allowed. Once had some one try and order 5 sausages instead of beans, 2 pieces of toast , mushrooms and one of their eggs. 

When I'm ordering I always work on the assumption that you have to swap like for like, meat for meat or veg for veg. When I get rid of beans I usually ask for mushrooms or another hash brown (if I'm feeling potato deficiency)

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, simonworden said:

This is something that used to irk me when I worked in hospitality. Should items such as beans be replaced from a meal or the only option simply be to not have it? I'm sure you're more reasonable but I've had customers ask for beans/egg to be replaced with extra bacon and others who simply want to rebuild a menu. All looker shocked when you can't bend over backwards for them. 

14 hours ago, King of Hamptons said:

This! 

As Duke mentioned above, it would always be like for like. Just means a few more mushrooms thrown into the mix. I want rid of the beans and tomatoes first and foremost, because I'm a nutter for food getting soggy and different sauces mixing. I just will not have it, so anything else is merely a bonus.

On another facet of the fry-up, who else employs the "a little bit of everything HAS to go on the fork" technique? Nothing better or more satisfying than squeezing every element onto the prongs and sloshing down each mouthful with a glug of coffee. Toast and fried bread is obviously an outlier, and that can be taken in-between the mouthful of food and the beverage if necessary.

4 hours ago, Duke said:

When I'm ordering I always work on the assumption that you have to swap like for like, meat for meat or veg for veg. When I get rid of beans I usually ask for mushrooms or another hash brown (if I'm feeling potato deficiency)

Hash browns for me would be a complete replacement grey area. I'd accept another one or maybe two in place of meats but it feels like an upgrade on beans, tomatoes or mushrooms. Fryup economics are complicated. 

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, King of Hamptons said:

This! 

I just ask for no beans.  Sometimes the throw an extra piece of toast or a hash brown or similar, sometimes not.  Nice when they do, not a problem if not.  I’ve decided I don’t want the beans, so it’s my problem really.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

On another facet of the fry-up, who else employs the "a little bit of everything HAS to go on the fork" technique? Nothing better or more satisfying than squeezing every element onto the prongs and sloshing down each mouthful with a glug of coffee. Toast and fried bread is obviously an outlier, and that can be taken in-between the mouthful of food and the beverage if necessary.

It's a 100% complete free for all when I eat anything really, but especially a fry up. I love mixing it up, sometimes just one thing, sometimes a bit of everything, but with a half a mind that the last mouth full has to contain all the best bits in one go.

People who eat one thing at a time off their plate are weird honestly. I know people who eat all their fries before they touch their burger. Insane.

Edited by Chilly McFreeze

• Moderators

Yeah, I eat my fries first as the burger is the main event and thus is to be enjoyed last. Meals are like films, and they have stars and a pecking order. Tea, starring Westlers Hamburgers, or Dinner starring Frey Bentos. The star of the show is the main event and gets eaten last as It's best. 

Edited by PowerButchi