Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

I don't think you'll ever find a perfect fry up for this lot. You could fry the egg, remove a few tomatoes, tip the beans out, add more bacon and get rid of the parsley and some berk will come along and say "Urrrgh a bean's touching the sausage!"

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I don't think you'll ever find a perfect fry up for this lot. You could fry the egg, remove a few tomatoes, tip the beans out, add more bacon and get rid of the parsley and some berk will come along and say "Urrrgh a bean's touching the sausage!"

For this place I think it would be more of grown men going "where's the potato smileys?" 

• Paid Members

The perfect fry up is the one you do yourself half cut on a Saturday night or Sunday morning, burnt to a crisp bacon and sausage because you nodded off cooking it with undercooked eggs because it's too much effort to stand. 

Bonus points if a takeaway you forgot you ordered is delivered half way through. 

Edited by Tommy!

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Tommy! said:

The perfect fry up is the one you do yourself half cut on a Saturday night or Sunday morning, burnt to a crisp bacon and sausage because you nodded off cooking it with undercooked eggs because it's too much effort to stand. 

Bonus points if a takeaway you forgot you ordered is delivered half way through. 

This reads like something from Drunken Bakers

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, neil said:

For this place I think it would be more of grown men going "where's the potato smileys?" 

About a decade ago my wife (then girlfriend) invited me to go on a salmon fishing weekend with her parents and sisters. The hotel had a fine dining restaurant attached. Unfortunately I'm a really, really picky eater. Really just shit at food.

I didn't like anything on the menu, so while everyone else ordered stuff like venison steak or prawns I ended up ordering from the kids menu and having chicken nuggets. The waiter, slightly sarcastically asked if I wanted chips or smiley faces. I thought fuck it and leant into it and had the smiley faces. They came out slightly burnt.

• Paid Members

I firmly stand by that square sausage is far superior to its linked equivalent. I visited home last Christmas for the first time in 2 years because of Covid and my first morning my Dad made roll and sausage. I can't put into words how good it was, especially having craved it for so long. Tattie scones are also glorious although I prefer them on the side to eat separately rather than on a roll. 

What's the view on eggs? They're perhaps my favourite part of the fry up, something that people have always found a bit strange. Scrambled is acceptable but has to be a fried egg for that proper fry up experience (preferably more than one!)