Frankie Crisp

spacer.png

If you’re thinking that’s the chalice collection of a Ken Loach set designer then you wouldn’t be far wrong. Other sausage is hiding in the beans and yes that is two slices of fried bread and a piece of bloomer toast. Fried bread is a rare treat plus the good lady Danger is in work and the children are too young to judge me. No one gets tomatoes because I don’t like them and I’m the king of the house.

As a freak who doesn't like the following... Black pudding, eggs and mushrooms. What is the adaptable and socially normal big boys brekkie that will prevent bigger boys harassment. 

My standard used to be two hash, two or three sausage, two bacon, toast, beans with sausage waterbreak and plum tomatoes, usually an extra of the first three to make up for lack of normality... Yeah I know!

13 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

What's in the Superman glass @Mr_Danger Coke?

Pepsi Max. Used to be a proper pint when we’d do the Wetherspoons breakfast (yeah it’s ‘spoons but you can have beer with breakfast) and it’s slowly devolved to diet fizzy cola drink as time and children have sucked all the fun out of life.

Can we all agree that a mediocre breakfast cooked by another is better than any breakfast cooked by yourself? Nothing puts you off eating like the stress of trying to cook 6 or 7 things at the same time whilst stinking of juicy delicious heart attack juice.

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

spacer.png

If you’re thinking that’s the chalice collection of a Ken Loach set designer then you wouldn’t be far wrong. Other sausage is hiding in the beans and yes that is two slices of fried bread and a piece of bloomer toast. Fried bread is a rare treat plus the good lady Danger is in work and the children are too young to judge me. No one gets tomatoes because I don’t like them and I’m the king of the house.

I recommend cooking the bacon next time.

10 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

I recommend cooking the bacon next time.

The tea is indefensible but everything else is how I like it! Don’t breakfast shame me. 

I did used to be one of them monsters who cooked bacon in the microwave so you might have a point.

• Moderators

Thank fuck some other people posted photos so we got a break from the "doing it wrong" police. Get t'fuck with those comments. Someone in the thread earlier mentioned "fried slice with butter"...I'm a fan of EATCLEAN but my god that is a bold move.

Living in yankee land I won't have any recent photos unless I debase myself and go to an "irish bar" and get a "full irish", but back in my Essex days my favourite ever cafe was The Log Cabin in Romford (Abridge if you want to be posh). An absolute mad looking spot considering its in the Essex countryside - a real legit log cabin complete with fire place, bear furs, and various bits of americana on the wall. Check out this video:

Now you're probably thinking "sounds like a gimmicky shit hole you bellend". But trust me this place knocked out just perfect fry-ups. Like most I have an opinion on what the dream fry-up is, but their set breakfast was perfection: 2 fried eggs, sausage, bacon, choice of tomato/beans (correct choice)/tinned spaghetti (baby's choice), toast and mug of tea. And it was fucking fantastic - I'm incredibly hungry just remembering this place. Even if the set breakfast didn't do it for you then just order "a la carte" as the french say, expansive menu with some fantastic options. I'd often go with the set breakfast, add bubble & squeak, mushrooms, and either another round of toast or fried slice. I'm not a chips with fry-up kind of person but theres were fantastic, right up there with the best of any chippie.

While looking up this place I sadly saw they have closed down during covid and have been quiet since. Gutted to think they may be done for good.