AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

16 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

They've suspended him. And will bring him back eventually. Of course they will. Let's see if Tony gets the same shit Dixie Carter got in 2011.

i wonder if they will fire him after rehab like they did with havoc, i know the the two issues are completely different however both statements kind of give off the same vibe

10 minutes ago, buba3d said:

i wonder if they will fire him after rehab like they did with havoc, i know the the two issues are completely different however both statements kind of give off the same vibe

Didn't Jimmy Havoc go into rehab after raping someone and under Florida law he couldn't be fired while in rehab? 

• Paid Members

No chance anyone is taking Tony to task about putting Jeff in a ladder match two days after a scheduled brain scan. Sapp and the like won't want to lose their access to scraps and the amount of back slapping comments under the suspension statement is nauseating. It's taken two days for the suspension statement to be released and that's only after a lot of mainstream media have picked the story up.

1 hour ago, Nick James said:

No chance anyone is taking Tony to task about putting Jeff in a ladder match two days after a scheduled brain scan. Sapp and the like won't want to lose their access to scraps and the amount of back slapping comments under the suspension statement is nauseating. It's taken two days for the suspension statement to be released and that's only after a lot of mainstream media have picked the story up.

He was pulled from the post DoN Dynamite 10 man tag despite being announced. If he wasn't cleared by the doc I doubt the match would have gone ahead.

Things happen fast in the 24 hours news cycle, but i'm not sure how 2 days have past.

I’ve been out all night so let me know if I’ve missed anything re this, but Hardy saying this week he has a head scan appt booked, is there anything that’s saying aew knew about it prior? 

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

He was pulled from the post DoN Dynamite 10 man tag despite being announced. If he wasn't cleared by the doc I doubt the match would have gone ahead.

If that's the case, then why advertise Hardy in a ladder match after he had to be pulled from a 10-man tag that he could have had little involvement in? The Hardy's were not needed for that ladder match, FTR are right there. Come off it now, sometimes you have to call a spade a spade and say that this is shitty behaviour.

Tony wasn't to know Jeff was going to go out and get fucked up and drive a car, but anyone with vision could see that Jeff wasn't even fit enough to be in the match with Darby, never mind further matches. 

People don't just get brain scans on a whim, there had to be a reason or concern for it. The arguement of the doctors clearing Jeff is laughable at this point with all of the fuck ups that have happened and may he's continue. Sloppy shop comes to mind.

I'll give you the two days comment, today has been that long it feels like two days, fair enough. 

https://www.tmz.com/2022/06/14/three-officers-pulled-guns-on-jeff-hardy-during-dui-arrest-police-video-shows/

TMZ have the video of his arrest, he gets up from sitting on the ground and nearly lands on his face and can't even stand with his feet together without stumbling. It also says they initially pulled him over after 3 or 4 other drivers called 911 about him.

9 hours ago, Nick James said:

If that's the case, then why advertise Hardy in a ladder match after he had to be pulled from a 10-man tag that he could have had little involvement in? The Hardy's were not needed for that ladder match, FTR are right there. Come off it now, sometimes you have to call a spade a spade and say that this is shitty behaviour.

It is shitty behaviour.

9 hours ago, Nick James said:

People don't just get brain scans on a whim, there had to be a reason or concern for it. The arguement of the doctors clearing Jeff is laughable at this point with all of the fuck ups that have happened and may he's continue. Sloppy shop comes to mind.

Unfortunately it's not laughable. If he hadn't been arrested for a DUI and wrestled on Wednesday no one would have been the wiser that he had a brain scan just days before. We don't know what the doctor would have said. Just as we don't know how often situations like this are happening in the background all the time.

20 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

It’s my “Fetch” I’m trying so hard to make Tony Sniff happen. 

That's because you're streets ahead.

Also: whoever said Dynamite resembles Russo-era Nitro clearly didn't watch Russo-era Nitro at the time or haven't watched them since. There is no comparison to be made between what was going on on Nitro in those days and what's happening on Dynamite now.

1 hour ago, 69MeDon said:

…whoever said Dynamite resembles Russo-era Nitro clearly didn't watch Russo-era Nitro at the time or haven't watched them since. There is no comparison to be made between what was going on on Nitro in those days and what's happening on Dynamite now.

True, Russo era Nitro was ace and had Kevin Nash.

Edited by Loki