AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

12 minutes ago, Louch said:

Think there’s a bit too much wishing Wardlow has stalled than him actually being stalled. He’s had a filler feud for a few weeks and now moving into a title programme where he’s already outsmarting the heels. Maybe wait till someone has made a fool of him before this panic begins 

Why would anyone wish he'd stalled?

I thought that was overall a really fun show and I was debating if I would or wouldn't bother watching it right after work today after last week's steaming pile of shit. I am not a NJPW guy, really, but even that stuff was perfectly enjoyable and the show all together had that chaotic and fun vibe the best Dynamites always have. And, yeah, seeing Jay White be a way better version of Adam Cole, in front of Adam Cole was good stuff.

2 hours ago, Chili said:

Because we love the drama. 

I think most people on this forum simply want to watch good wrestling. I’ve been as cynical as anyone about Wardlow’s long-term potential, but there’s no doubting that he was red hot, on the back of the MJF match. Being of the opinion that they failed to capitalise on that as well as they might have done isn’t willing him to fail, it’s a fairly reasonable opinion.

Imagine if, rather than have him plough through no-name security guards, they had him face off with a similarly hot heel? Sammy Guevara would have been a great choice, but even with Scorpio Sky - imagine if he, on the post-PPV Dynamite, vowed to take the TNT title, and powerbomb Dan Lambert? 

I don’t think anyone here is ‘wishing’ Wardlow to fail, that would be a strange thing to do. Even the cynics on here, I think, want to be proven wrong!

(…and I admit I might be the only Wardlow doubter on this forum)

• Paid Members

Joey Janela isn't wrong. I don't think AEW realise what they have with Sonny Kiss, a genuinely good and entertaining talent that should be utilised a lot more on the main shows. She also seems like the nicest person outside of the ring too.

I want the War Dog to do as well as anyone, that stupidly handsome bastard. I think a lot of us are so hard on some of the booking because we love these homegrown guys so damn much, they're our babies in a way.

Sonny Kiss is cool as fuck but they've seemingly not gotten better by enough in the ring to compete with many of the later signings. I'd rather see them in a story than any of the NXT lot tho.

Edited by Merzbow

Totally agree on Sonny. I do think Tony Khan values ring work a little too much, to the point that highly charismatic, unique, but often relatable characters who are just OK in the ring suffer for it. Give me Sonny Kiss or Max Caster over the former NXT lot any day of the week. 

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members

I don’t even watch AEW but heard about Matt Hughes’ involvement. Odd.

If anyone has a few minutes to kill and wants to know more about what a weird, fucked up prick Hughes was then this little review (by another ex fighter) of his autobiography is worth a read.

http://mmafightopinion.blogspot.com/2019/02/the-disgusting-life-times-of-matt-hughes.html?m=1

Horrible cunt.

A little snippet…

10290FB6-85EB-40B6-A3E6-64489FEDEE43.jpeg

1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

Totally agree on Sonny. I do think Tony Khan values ring work a little too much, to the point that highly charismatic, unique, but often relatable characters who are just OK in the ring suffer for it. Give me Sonny Kiss or Max Caster over the former NXT lot any day of the week. 

When Rampage was set up it would have been easy enough to slot someone like Sonny in for a squash match at the very least. It's taped, they do at least one a week. Nearly a year in there's been plenty of time to have done it. It's got to be quite demoralising after so long.

I didnt watch but I did see the clip of the Christian turn. Let me tell you, I was fucking baffled to see Matt Hughes sitting there. 

I think his wife and brother both have restraining orders against him. 

I think even in a locker room full of pro wrestlers, Matt Hughes would stand out as the most deeply insecure guy there by a mile.