AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

9 hours ago, Supremo said:

46048E9D-4C15-4A0A-9462-1319DF9831A2.thumb.jpeg.116a389720d9f45c1ff4d2a7e6440ca3.jpeg

A Danielson graphic like that, following injury rumours? Given this company’s current luck? I’m expecting the worst. Hope I’m wrong.

I’d say it’s positive news as he’s not declared himself on Kingstons team yet to pull out of it.

• Paid Members

Bryan Alvarez hinting that Danielson is out with a concussion.

Even though this was always a possibility, it’s somehow even sadder that he’s came back and been so fucking great. I’m not sure I could handle the disappointment if he had to retire again.

Hoping for the best. Prepared for the worst.

5C69B6E7-3754-4E5F-9B97-82B4D235F222.thumb.jpeg.7452ebed622679a150aca9e32ad0ab6a.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Even though this was always a possibility,

An inevitability, let's be honest.  He's changed a couple of bumps but otherwise has been wrestling his same old hard-hitting style.  If it's not now, it WILL happen.

• Paid Members

Eddie is another who gets body shamed, but the difference with Eddie, is his gimmick plays into his body type. Cole goes out in trunks with his small body type and looks like a child in his pants getting dressed for a day at school. Some people do take it to the extreme with the shaming and its also a far cry from anyone shouting to 'get on the gear', but a bit of effort wouldn't go amiss. Orange Cassidy is around the same size as Cole, and no one mentions his size or build. 

Also, the argument online that people are only saying this about Cole now because he isn't in WWE is laughable. I remember Cole's debut for NXT taking out Big Drew and how many people took the piss out of his size. People were always mentioning how small he was, the difference in NXT though, was he was in there with smaller guys like Gargano and O'Reilly, so it didn't look as bad. 

ZSJ is fantastic and the match with him & Danielson is what would have sold Forbidden Door to me. If Danielson is out, alongside all the last minute changes and politicking the PPV could end up as a real train wreck tbh.

5 hours ago, Nick James said:

Eddie is another who gets body shamed, but the difference with Eddie, is his gimmick plays into his body type. Cole goes out in trunks with his small body type and looks like a child in his pants getting dressed for a day at school. Some people do take it to the extreme with the shaming and its also a far cry from anyone shouting to 'get on the gear', but a bit of effort wouldn't go amiss. Orange Cassidy is around the same size as Cole, and no one mentions his size or build. 

Also, the argument online that people are only saying this about Cole now because he isn't in WWE is laughable. I remember Cole's debut for NXT taking out Big Drew and how many people took the piss out of his size. People were always mentioning how small he was, the difference in NXT though, was he was in there with smaller guys like Gargano and O'Reilly, so it didn't look as bad. 

Yeah Cole's style seems to be this sort of big tough guy striking thing and it just doesn't work with his shape (I've only seen him in AEW and genuinely can't figure out what he's supposed to be really, his matches always seem pretty non descript).

If he was more technically orientated or flippy or whatever his size wouldn't really be talked about. Instead I'm repeatedly told this person is an arse kicking big deal and yet what I see doesn't match what i'm being told.  It's jarring.

Eddie on the other had; you're told he'll kick the shit out his opponent, he looks like he'll kick the shit out of his opponent and his wrestling looks like he's kicking the shit out of his opponent. Also, cos he's a great seller, it looks like he gets pretty beat up - which makes sense for a person who doesn't look in shape.  I see Adam Cole taking all this punishment and shaking it off but that doesn't fit with the normal looking person I see, which is jarriing.

Edited by organizedkaos