AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

Must have been more than half of them eliminated by being laid on their front. If anything, they pinned their teammate! 

I also went to wiki to work out what had happened to Matt Hughes. Don't understand what value he was expected to add to that segment. Tyron Woodley added fuck all either, to be honest. Whole segment stunk. It stinks of not knowing where else to go with Wardlow. 

• Paid Members

I enjoyed everything not Forbidden Door related. Can't wait for this bollocks to end. When someone mentioned something called "Suzuki-gun" I groaned out loud. I don't know what any of this shit is and I don't care. Just give me Ricky Starks posing like a twat or Hookhausen or something else fun, please.

Ortiz shaving his own bleeding head screaming "BLOOD AND GUTS" was absolutely badass stuff. Love it.

• Paid Members

I'm sure they'll be booking FTR vs Young Bucks 3 for the titles soon enough. Can't wait.

I've recently noticed how good Nick Jackson is. Proper underrated. He basically carries every match he's in, doing 75% of the work for both teams, running about every where bumping like a maniac while holding the whole thing together and all his stuff looks great. His performance in the Hardys match was a masterclass. If you pay attention Matt does very little in comparison. Nick deserves more props.

Edited by LaGoosh

23 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I've found him a bit hit and miss recently but this was definitely a good show for him.

Oh absolutely, but the fact that at his age and how long he's been about that he still somehow manages to get as many hits as misses is a testament to him

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I'm sure they'll be booking FTR vs Young Bucks 3 for the titles soon enough. Can't wait.

I've recently noticed how good Nick Jackson is. Proper underrated. He basically carries every match he's in, doing 75% of the work for both teams, running about every where bumping like a maniac while holding the whole thing together and all his stuff looks great. His performance in the Hardys match was a masterclass. If you pay attention Matt does very little in comparison. Nick deserves more props.

Never understood The Bucks prior to AEW and wasn't much of a fan of FTR in WWE, but both teams are gold and are head and shoulders above any other tag team in AEW (and / or wrestling) currently. FTR especially are two of my favourite wrestlers currently. 

The Wardlow angle was a basically a bit of comedy. The pins were daft. But the time it was used in WCW was for the bloody main event. Stop wishing Wardlow to fail because were jaded saddos. 

Way better show this week, WE'VE GOT PRICK CHRISTIAN BACK!!! 

Wardlow vs 20 Scrubs probably sounded fun on paper, but was a bit of a mess in execution. Fair play for trying something a bit different though

Toni Storm’s promo - so which was it? Trying something different by interspersing clips of Britt into it? Or some clever editing to cover up Toni having to do multiple takes? 
Worrying lack of a reaction for Rosa’s run-in and Britt has now been pinned twice since winning the Owen Tournament. What a mess

A mate of mine (who parrots Cornette’s latest opinion most of the time) will be having an aneurysm once he sees Dax getting beaten by Osprey. Part of me was thinking ‘why are they sacrificing one half of the tag champs here? Trent could’ve had the same match and you could’ve still gotten to Osprey v OC’. But then again, Osprey going back and forth for nearly 15mins with Trent doesn’t do anything for Osprey’s momentum, so I can see why they did it the way they did.

Glad they’ve finally pulled the trigger on the Christian heel turn. Some have speculated that they’ve gone with that due to Jeff’s arrest possibly changing things, but it’s been coming for ages. I’m sure the match between and Jungle Boy will be decent though, whenever that happens.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Wardlow is about to suffer the same fate as Hangman. A fantastic build up with a pretty much perfect story ending and then what? For a company that seems to enjoy long term booking, it only seems to go to a point.

I keep banging the same drum on this, but it's why the timing of the MJF shoot promo nonsense was the absolute worst. Wardlow needed some solid forward momentum after the win over MJF, because that was the logical ending of his character arc so far, and we've seen it in the past with WWE and the likes of Alex Riley or Damien Sandow who build up a ton of sympathy and fan support wanting them to turn on The Miz, and then absolutely shit the bed once the turn is over. Because, on some level, the appeal is seeing the likes of Miz and MJF get their comeuppance, and the babyface as the actual conduit for that can quickly become an afterthought. 

Having Mark Sterling come after him and throwing goobers at him for a few weeks is a good way to keep Wardlow strong, but the execution of this match was appalling. Not sure having him do anything with Dan Lambert is the right call either - though having him steamroll through Scorpio Sky and go on a big run with the TNT belt, and set up a title-for-title match with Punk later down the line could be fun.

Think there’s a bit too much wishing Wardlow has stalled than him actually being stalled. He’s had a filler feud for a few weeks and now moving into a title programme where he’s already outsmarting the heels. Maybe wait till someone has made a fool of him before this panic begins