AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

3 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

he isn't already, then it's time for Tony K to start delegating. It's mad that both WWE and AEW appear to live and die by the direction of one guy at the top for day-to-day running. The company I work for has a CEO, but he's not putting together daily work plans and testing new machinery; he has a team of department heads for that. It's a running joke that Vince surrounds himself with yes men, but at least having a team of trusted advisors reduces his required input to yesses and nos (anything else is on him, his micromanagement and the toxic culture he's allowed to fester).

I would argue that when Tony stopped delegating and giving guys free reign, the show actually improved (and Cody pissed off)

At the moment, he obviously feels he has to be all hands on. I get that, its still a precarious situation for the company. A new longer TV deal and international tours may lead him to finally thinking he can be a bit more hands off and give some power to someone else. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts to really involve Regal

3 hours ago, Factotum said:

I would argue that when Tony stopped delegating and giving guys free reign, the show actually improved (and Cody pissed off)

At the moment, he obviously feels he has to be all hands on. I get that, its still a precarious situation for the company. A new longer TV deal and international tours may lead him to finally thinking he can be a bit more hands off and give some power to someone else. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts to really involve Regal

Given the rambling mess Regal is on his podcast, and his health issues, it’d benefit no one to give Regal a proper pressured office job 

• Paid Members

Soz for the double post, but Jeff Hardy had a fucking brain scan booked in. And he was put in a ladder match like a fucking circus animal for Wednesday. That's a fucking disgrace, and that coke head dog wanker needs to seriously think about what he's in wrestling for. These cunts arent giant action figures.

The media scrums have always been cringe filled shite. Stopped watching them shortly after AEW's debut. 

Fucking hell, just read about the brain scan. 

Someone is going to die on Tony's watch unless someone grows a pair and tells him to stop being a stupid mark. 

Though he probably wouldn't listen. Honestly starting to feel like the wheels are starting to come off. 

10 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

We've entered a world where the wrestling "media" are all pals with him. Those AEW scrums are fucking embarrassing. A mix of on the take cunts and people desperate to be on the take. No questions ever asked regarding anything negative.

Absolutely this. Those in attendance utterly fail at asking anything of substance, even when a situation to do so is presented to them on a plate. Take the Jay Lethal allegations, for example. Following the show on which his signing was announced, the media had access, in the scrum, to Tony Khan and Jay Lethal himself. If this was anything other than wrestling, they would have faced nothing but questions related to these allegations. But there was absolutely nothing, in spite of the fact some of the biggest names in wrestling ‘journalism’ were there in attendance. 

When you’re failing to ask questions as important as this, not only are you not a journalist, you’re an enabler.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Absolutely this. Those in attendance utterly fail at asking anything of substance, even when a situation to do so is presented to them on a plate. Take the Jay Lethal allegations, for example. Following the show on which his signing was announced, the media had access, in the scrum, to Tony Khan and Jay Lethal himself. If this was anything other than wrestling, they would have faced nothing but questions related to these allegations. But there was absolutely nothing, in spite of the fact some of the biggest names in wrestling ‘journalism’ were there in attendance. 

When you’re failing to ask questions as important as this, not only are you not a journalist, you’re an enabler.

Wrestling journalism has never been about getting a good scoop though, it's about getting in with the boys so they can feed you shit scoops before they feed anyone else. Every time I see Sean Ross Sapp's stupid face I want to lob a brick at it.

Edited by FelatioLips

I think a big reason AEW is struggling to find an identity is that they’re being used as a cipher by too many people to make money outside of WWE.

When the roster was skinnier, and the direction was controlled by a smaller cabal of personally close people with similar visions it felt focused (occasionally Jericho segments felt out of place as he was less connected to the core group).

But the roster is packed to the rafters full of people booking themselves and their only goal is to monetise a wrestling career outside of WWE. There’s no cohesion or consistency as there’s no shared vision, just people getting their shit.

That’s compounded by the fact they seemingly lack an authority figure who can crack the whip.

Also, your direction is usually in part dictated by the audience by what your audience wants and I think the AEW audience, as it were, are as inconsistent as the output. Their fan base isnt aligned behind a single vision of what the company should be - they know they don’t want the WWE but they all want different things or take different things from it.