AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

The veil has certainly been pulled aside hasn’t it? The combination of things like this, hiring the likes of Jay Lethal, and Cocaine Tony going wild on Twitter, paired with the completely bloated roster and general decline in quality and the can’t-do-no-wrong shine is certainly off.

Yep. The progressive, classy, downright brilliant way they handled Moxley getting help feels like a million years ago now. Anyone with eyes could see Jeff was in a bad way. It takes a real scummy, pro-wrestling-at-its-worst approach to watch that PPV performance and rather than immediately get him some help you go, “hey Jeff, remember Wrestlemania 2000?”

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

Yep. The progressive, classy, downright brilliant way they handled Moxley getting help feels like a million years ago now. Anyone with eyes could see Jeff was in a bad way. It takes a real scummy, pro-wrestling-at-its-worst approach to watch that PPV performance and rather than immediately get him some help you go, “hey Jeff, remember Wrestlemania 2000?”

Not defending the indefensible, but I’m sure a lot of that was Matt saying he knew Jeff would be better under his watch which is obviously not true.

Jeff should have taken a good few months rest after leaving WWE to get himself right after walking out on his last match there. Wonder what checks were done on him when he joined AEW and wasn't just little fanboy TK not giving a toss and just thinking of all the silly matches he could put him in.

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Not defending the indefensible, but I’m sure a lot of that was Matt saying he knew Jeff would be better under his watch which is obviously not true.

It feels like Matt thinks as they are brothers they can both overcome things the same way. It’s never came across that Jeff wants to change in the way Matt has. Feels it needs family separated  than leaving Matt to make excuses as family does for each other 

On 6/9/2022 at 7:00 PM, Version1.0 said:

Christain should replace Jeff in the ladder match. Cristian/Matt should win and have a short reign to further the inevitable JB vs Christian fued.

Christian should definitely replace Jeff now.

Edited by Version1.0

7 hours ago, poetofthedeed said:

Suppose it belongs here since he is/was in the main event on Wednesday, but to the surprise of no one, Jeff hardy is a fucking  idiot.

https://wrestlingheadlines.com/jeff-hardy-arrested-on-multiple-charges-last-night-mugshot-photo-revealed/ 

Jeff isn't the idiot in this situation. 

Edit: 

Should say I do think he's an arsehole.

Edited by Vamp

AEW really does feel like a company in chaos right now. I don't know if it's through Tony Khan spreading himself too thin, if it's through a lack of a structure, Khan being oblivious to the obvious, or a combination of all three. I don't blame Khan for signing Jeff Hardy - addicts are often incredibly good at hiding their problems - but as @Supremo said, the PPV match was a massive red flag. Even if you bought the excuse that Hardy suffered a head knock, it was plain irresponsible to put him on television immediately after that show. 

If Tony Khan has been giving wrestlers the benefit of the doubt, I have to admit that I do understand that mindset. It can be hard to actively mistrust someone, particularly if it's someone you like. But I hope, if nothing else, he learns lessons from this. 

45 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I don't blame Khan for signing Jeff Hardy - addicts are often incredibly good at hiding their problems - but as @Supremo said, the PPV match was a massive red flag. 

Really? Why did he think the WWE got rid of him?

54 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

AEW really does feel like a company in chaos right now. I don't know if it's through Tony Khan spreading himself too thin, if it's through a lack of a structure, Khan being oblivious to the obvious, or a combination of all three. I don't blame Khan for signing Jeff Hardy - addicts are often incredibly good at hiding their problems - but as @Supremo said, the PPV match was a massive red flag. Even if you bought the excuse that Hardy suffered a head knock, it was plain irresponsible to put him on television immediately after that show. 

If Tony Khan has been giving wrestlers the benefit of the doubt, I have to admit that I do understand that mindset. It can be hard to actively mistrust someone, particularly if it's someone you like. But I hope, if nothing else, he learns lessons from this. 

For me it was always going to have a good grace period of a few years where the excitement levels and new people coming in etc was paramount in giving the fans something enjoyable. The tougher period for Tony and co was always going to be after that. What is it exactly that he wants to do? Does he want to be friends with everyone and give them a job and fulfill his boyhood dreams as a wrestling fan? Does he want to snatch everyone away from WWE? Does he want to put on a consistent and coherent product? He's all over the place at the moment.

I don't think they were ever going to be able to maintain such a high quality forever. That's just asking too much. But I think it's reasonable to expect something slightly better than what they've been doing recently overall.

I'm surprised some of the 'older generation' that seem to have their heads screwed on a bit more (Tony S, JR, Sting, Dustin, Regal, etc) aren't in TK's ear telling him what a train wreck Jeff is and how he needs urgent help.