AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

1 hour ago, Pinc said:

Kingston, MJF and Hangman all had recent feuds with the absent champion. Omega's out sure, but if he's physically able his return and NJ history would instantly be compelling. MJF is on the roster. He's just working a storyline.

Having Kingston’s first World title win be an interim one would be a mistake, I feel. I’m not enthused by the idea of Hangman winning the interim belt, but I do think it’s one of the more likely possibilities. MJF is the most interesting option of all, and while they may wish ti strike while the iron is hot, they may also have another direction in mind for the guy.

3 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Having Kingston’s first World title win be an interim one would be a mistake, I feel.

I think it could be perfect for him. His feuds with Punk and Jericho were all about his insecurity and unfulfilled potential. There was even a line in a promo battle where he cited his Full Gear main event opposite Moxley as evidence he’d ‘made it’. Only for Jericho to shoot back that Moxley beat him and he’d never win the big one.

An interim reign where he knows he eventually has to beat Punk or be forever tarred as a nearly man would be a really natural development. And the match would be super heated.

1 hour ago, Pinc said:

I think it could be perfect for him. His feuds with Punk and Jericho were all about his insecurity and unfulfilled potential. There was even a line in a promo battle where he cited his Full Gear main event opposite Moxley as evidence he’d ‘made it’. Only for Jericho to shoot back that Moxley beat him and he’d never win the big one.

An interim reign where he knows he eventually has to beat Punk or be forever tarred as a nearly man would be a really natural development. And the match would be super heated.

I don’t think this is a terrible idea by any means, but his first title win has the potential to be a truly special moment - a spine-tingling victory along the lines of Daniel Bryan’s and Eddie Guerrero’s. While the storyline you suggest might work - and work well at that - it wouldn’t quite be the same as seeing him win the full title over a red hot heel. 

If they really want to up the heel ante, have Tony K just hand the interim title to MJF as part of his new deal.  So he becomes World Champion without even winning it.

Realistically though, just put the belt on Moxley.  He’s red hot now and him v heel entitled Punk can be the next 6 months of programming.

1 hour ago, Loki said:

If they really want to up the heel ante, have Tony K just hand the interim title to MJF as part of his new deal.  So he becomes World Champion without even winning it.

Realistically though, just put the belt on Moxley.  He’s red hot now and him v heel entitled Punk can be the next 6 months of programming.

I liked an idea on reddit (which is rare) that suggested Takeshita win the battle royal to face Moxely.

Unless Tony has something up his sleeve, it's pretty obvious that Mox is winning so I'd be well up for him and Takeshita tearing the house down on Dynamite.

Saves sacrificing an established AEW name or future big match and potentially further puts Takeshita over as someone to keep an eye on. 

If Danielson misses forbidden door and misses the opportunity to face ZSJ they should just cancel at this point and reschedule for later on in the year.  I could see a few AEW names in the G1 next month and I think Danielson would be top of my prediction list. 

Given the mess they've made of this whole situation, I wouldn't be surprised if there's some cock up with the finish. A time limit draw or something, resulting in a triple threat at Forbidden Door. New Japan might be happier with that as well as Tanahashi then wouldn't have to take the loss.

Or go for the 94 Royal Rumble route and have two joint winners for the battle royal so Mox doesn't take the loss in the main event.

Now he's back though, just put the belt on Miro. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

If Danielson misses forbidden door and misses the opportunity to face ZSJ they should just cancel at this point and reschedule for later on in the year.

Cancel an entire show because one person may or may not make it due to injury? Are you mental?