AEW Rampage Thread 2022

dopper

I don’t think they’ll have a Triple Threat for the IWGP Title either. But, having said that, where will Cole fit in? You know he’s going to be doing something because Khan isn’t going to dare to leave off the PPV. Have him dicking about with Toru Yano for all I care.

Its amazing how quickly Forbidden Door went from being a Dream Match Megacard when it was first announced to now being something that’s just in the way of the regular show

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Average Rampage this week. Hager is boring and Kingston is shit in the ring. Love him on the mic but 90% of his offence is just really crappy looking slaps. Statlander was great again, needs to beat Jade for the belt soon. Always great to see FTR and Trent. Last match was good though i didn’t care about the opponents because as usual Tony didn’t bother explaining who they are.

• Paid Members
On 6/11/2022 at 11:40 PM, BufftheStuff said:

Average Rampage this week. Hager is boring and Kingston is shit in the ring. Love him on the mic but 90% of his offence is just really crappy looking slaps. Statlander was great again, needs to beat Jade for the belt soon. Always great to see FTR and Trent. Last match was good though i didn’t care about the opponents because as usual Tony didn’t bother explaining who they are.

Tony S or K? Because neither are on Rampage? And the match was set up on Dynamite.

On 6/11/2022 at 11:40 PM, BufftheStuff said:

Average Rampage this week. Hager is boring and Kingston is shit in the ring. Love him on the mic but 90% of his offence is just really crappy looking slaps.

I couldn’t disagree with this more. Kingston has been involved in some of my favourite AEW matches, including the Jericho match, his bout with Moxley  and the Miro match. It’s hard not to get emotionally invested in what he’s doing, and it’s not just because of his mic work, although that obviously helps.

I only watched the Satnam Singh match from this episode, I was curious as to how he performed, and he seemed solid enough, for the stage he’s at in his career. It’ll be interesting to see how he develops over the coming months. 

4 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Kingston is one of the best wrestlers in the world at the moment, I would say. His PPV run is currently unmatched, wall to wall bangers.

Agreed. And his No1 contender tournament match with Danielson last year was one of the best TV matches I've ever seen. Think it was on Rampage.

In an era of highly staged, flippy shit that is most pro wrestling nowadays, Eddie’s desperate brawling and wild lunging strikes are a breath of fresh air.

I read a moment somewhere that said Eddie’s gimmick is that he thinks pro wrestling is real.

It’s great storytelling to see him absorb punishment like Mick Foley only to stage an improbable, gutsy comeback.

I love the guy and am glad he’s doing it on a national stage.

I think for me, Eddie is one of the few people that truly make me believe in what I'm watching. Now, that's not say I don't enjoy guys like the Young Bucks and that style of wrestling because it absolutely has its place and it's easy to get caught up in it BUT there will always be elements of that style that takes me completely out of what I'm watching too. It's like when you see those older GIFs of guys like Ospreay and Ricochet etc with what looks like choreographed routines. I'm not one to say that's not wrestling because there's so many different styles, but Eddie not only makes you believe in HIM but in the matches in general.

• Paid Members

I take back eveything I said about this year's Double or Nothing being the least exciting PPV in AEW history. Forbidden Door has it beaten by miles and has given me a whole new appreciation for Double or Nothing! Excalibur going through Forbidden Door's card was embarassing. Whole show looks rubbish. Crap matches, with crap build. Not a dream match in sight! Considering what a hot ticket this show was when it was first announced, I'd be bitterly disappointed if I was going live.

They need a miracle this coming Wednesday to make this show worth watching.