I'm sure we had a thread about musicals being rubbish before...

Devon Malcolm

Just now, Chest Rockwell said:

No-one knows how to use the term at all. It's infuriating. If you don't understand it is it that difficult to just not use it?

Yep. Usually it’s when you’ve been lied to that people trot it out. See also: Trauma. 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, patiirc said:

Cool, I'm glad you're not afraid to voice your opinion, however  I'd really appreciate you not  trying to gaslight mine. 

To me Westworld is a horror https://www.joblo.com/the-test-of-time-westworld-1973-292/ and A Star is Born is a musical. 

You dont agree, that's fine  however quite capable of having my own views ta. 

Ps Musicals are Shit.

I'll be honest, not what I was expecting from a website called "Jo Blo". Com. 

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, lanky316 said:

Back to the Future is now a musical! It sounds absolutely horrific, although I'm sure it can't be worse than "Bruce" about the mechanical shark that kept malfunctioning while making Jaws... Almost think I'd prefer straight up Jaws - The Musical to that!

I saw The Shark is Broken recently. That’s definitely not a musical though, just a 3 man play written and staring Robert Shaws son.

Dictionary definition, a musical is a film or play that uses singing and dancing in the story. By that definition Blues Brothers is a musical. If people want to disagree that’s their opinion, but would be classed as a musical regardless. That’s not gaslighting though, that’s just a difference of opinion on definition.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

6 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I saw The Shark is Broken recently. That’s definitely not a musical though, just a 3 man play written and staring Robert Shaws son.

https://deadline.com/2021/07/jaws-musical-bruce-seattle-rep-1234802544/

Looks like a different production built around the same premise. You spend years waiting for a Making of Jaws stage production then two come along at once! 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

This thread is now worse than any musical ever.

EDIT: Except Bohemian Rhapsody

I'd be amazed if there's anything on earth worse than Pierce Brosnan "singing" in Mama Mia.

Edited by Tommy!

8 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

So is About A Boy is a musical because Nicolaus Holt sings ‘Shake Your Ass’ by Mystikal?

And the song at the end by Hugh Grant progresses the story. But that doesn’t apply to Paddington 2 though so piss of with that.