The many sins of Cody Rhodes

LaGoosh

Yeh I didn't finish the Austin interview, was really dull.   That interview to me just reminded me that the buzz around Cody at the moment is temporary and we'll all remember why we were bored crazy by him before he became Stardust pretty soon.  By soon I predict next Monday at about 10pm eastern time.

• 3 weeks later...

Torn his pec apparently 🙃 Real shame that, likely to be a few months out when hes got massive momentum at the minute.

Would assume there'll be smoke and mirrors to get round the match tonight, meant to be the main event as well

15 minutes ago, Doog said:

Torn his pec apparently 🙃 Real shame that, likely to be a few months out when hes got massive momentum at the minute.

Would assume there'll be smoke and mirrors to get round the match tonight, meant to be the main event as well

Nah, he’s not used that in years

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Love-Wilcox said:

Say what you want about him but the guy is tough as nails, holy shit!

Or dumb as fuck. If you have torn your pec you don’t go and have a full on match. The injury looked gnarly before the bell rang, I can only imagine he would have made it worse and therefore his recovery time extended 

picture in spoilers

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.cacfc1451ed7dfb14c604f3d27ee6b23.png

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

The injury is as bad as it can get. Once the tendon is torn from the bone - as is being reported - there’s no way of it getting worst. Just lots of pain.

I have a tonne of respect for him, the performer, wanting to honour his main event booking and not want to disappoint people who’d paid to see him (per Meltzer, ticket sales started moving after his match was announced).

But - for fuck sake - there should be a system in place to protect him from himself. The office should have kicked into gear. A) to protect Cody but also b) not to set such a shitty precedent.

2 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

The injury is as bad as it can get. Once the tendon is torn from the bone - as is being reported - there’s no way of it getting worst. Just lots of pain.

I personally don't think that's even close to a good enough reason.

If the right hand side is compromised, there is a tendency to over compensate with the left and vice versa. Just because that specific tear was at its worst doesn't mean he wasn't risking fucking himself up further.

Very silly stuff from all involved but I am sure it gave people like the Undertaker a massive lob on.

I think people are being very un-generous to Cody.

Like I’ve said, I’ve got all the respect in the world for him not wanting to disappoint people. It’s the system around him that should have saved him from himself. I’m not into blaming employees for insane takes on loyalty/work ethic/duty as it usually comes from a culture set above.