The many sins of Cody Rhodes

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Louch said:

You can @ me I’m a big boy, don’t have to call me a mutant. If you don’t think Indian giving a charitable interest a massive social media reach isn’t a bad thing, good for you. 

What's your definition of "lend"? And if it includes another slur, don't bother telling me. 

And forgive me if I don't reference you directly, I can't remember if your the one who makes up imaginary crowd reactions or the one who brings him up every week on Dynamite whether he was there or not. 

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, gmoney said:

And forgive me if I don't reference you directly, I can't remember if your the one who makes up imaginary crowd reactions or the one who brings him up every week on Dynamite whether he was there or not. 

Can I still be “that Disco Inferno one?”

• Paid Members

Cody was in charge of Community relations in AEW. He basically used his personal Twitter account to help with his job, rather than deactivate it. He doesn’t do that job anymore so he’s taken it with him.

I don’t see a problem with it really, and I can’t imagine his former colleagues would either. It’d be a bit weird for them to continue using it when he’s not there.

If anything I think it’s shit that he got so much hate that he deactivated it in the first place. Regardless of his work, he does come off like a genuinely good guy.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, unfitfinlay said:

Cody was in charge of Community relations in AEW. He basically used his personal Twitter account to help with his job, rather than deactivate it. He doesn’t do that job anymore so he’s taken it with him.

I don’t see a problem with it really, and I can’t imagine his former colleagues would either. It’d be a bit weird for them to continue using it when he’s not there.

If anything I think it’s shit that he got so much hate that he deactivated it in the first place. Regardless of his work, he does come off like a genuinely good guy.

Yeah I can’t say I’m a fan of his in ring stuff. To me, he’s a mid carder ring wise. But the stuff he did for Brodie’s Kids and everything afterwards suggests he’s a good guy

• 1 month later...

Credit to Cody, he delivered a great performance last night and the crowd were with him. The entrance was great and I absolutely loved the finish with homage to Dusty in between the 2nd and 3rd finishing move. That fucking tattoo even got over with it being in Texas.

• Paid Members

Wasn't he slap bang in the middle of the first half of a 2 night card? That doesn't scream main event to me. I watched the start of his entrance on twitter, and that crowd sounded very sweetened. Good to hear Rollins dragged him to a 4 star match though. 

I've slagged Cody off tonnes for his arrogance, his cringey smart fan references and that fucking tattoo, but that match actually did have a main event feel in terms of the crowd reaction when he was announced and how into-it they were throughout the whole match. Credit to both Rollins and Rhodes, it was brilliant to watch.

But yeah, I can't see him making it to the main event level in WWE, but if he carries on in that vein he could surprise everyone. 

Edited by IronSheik

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Meltzer all over Twitter screaming “see! Told you Cody was a main eventer~!” is going to be great to look back at in 6 months when he’s dicking about with Happy Corbin

That’s where he’s heading isn’t it, he will get a few months near the top lose and then he’s teaming with shorty G 

9 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Wasn't he slap bang in the middle of the first half of a 2 night card? That doesn't scream main event to me. I watched the start of his entrance on twitter, and that crowd sounded very sweetened. Good to hear Rollins dragged him to a 4 star match though. 

That's it though isn't it? Rollins dragged him to a 4 star match. At Mania. After 6/8 weeks of cock teasing. Rollins for all that he's the cringiest man in wrestling, which goes some way, very rarely has anything less than a very good match.

How's Cody going to look after a month of perfunctory 5 minute matches with Madcap Moss?