The many sins of Cody Rhodes

LaGoosh

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

As him and Cardona are best buds in real life it wouldn’t surprise me if he hasn’t had his head turned by his Indy run. Of course if he has signed for WWE, it’s mute unless he’s got a deal like Danielson wanted where he can work some Indy dates.

The whole thing is weird. His vision, if you believe Omega, was to take on WWE, whilst the other EVPs just wanted to put on the best wrestling they could. I don’t have link to the whole interview but some tweets are about from it 

I've not heard the interview but the first bit "I heard he's (Cody Rhodes) on a flight to Saudi Arabia, if that makes him happy, that makes him happy." was supposedly said in a bit of jokey manner.  Since the interview would have been recored around the time of a faked photo of him in Poland, and all the other rumours around appearing at EC.

• Paid Members

His whole time in GCW looks to have been a hoot. When he first turned up it was under a hood and he teased that it might have been Moxley. Even did the Paradigm Shift then unmasked to nuclear heat. 

https://youtu.be/zs9iNSCz7h4

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

His whole time in GCW looks to have been a hoot. When he first turned up it was under a hood and he teased that it might have been Moxley. Even did the Paradigm Shift then unmasked to nuclear heat. 

https://youtu.be/zs9iNSCz7h4

It was. I started following him from then on. His entrance at GCW's big PPV in January was top shithousery. But all the stuff he has done in other promotions has been fantastic. Could never say I was a big fan, but the stuff he's done post WWE (other then the crap AEW short run) has shown he is really smart when it comes to the Wrestling business.

• Paid Members

Cardona is an odd one, I've always liked him regardless of what he's done, seems like a really nice guy who loves wrestling,  but at the moment, I'm just not feeling it.

The GCW stuff was really well done, especially playing up the ex-WWE guy that most try to play away from to earn indie points, BUT, I just can't buy him as a top guy at all. He's just one of those 2010 guys that I just can't see as anything other than midcard, akin to Ziggler, Cody, even The Miz.

Mind you, who is a top guy these days? 

• Paid Members

He's had a decent run in Impact as well. He felt out of place in the run up to his main eventing Hard To Kill for the world title, but once the match started he fit right in. He's certainly come a long way from when he was sticking his YouTube show out making himself and Ziggler seem interesting. 

58 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

He's had a decent run in Impact as well. He felt out of place in the run up to his main eventing Hard To Kill for the world title, but once the match started he fit right in. He's certainly come a long way from when he was sticking his YouTube show out making himself and Ziggler seem interesting. 

10 years later wwe have done this once 

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Cody posted this on his Instagram. Maybe he's just having some family time for a while. 

Screenshot_20220220_191556_com.reddit.frontpage.jpg

It might be, and fair play to him if so, but equally it might just as easily be a misdirect given there are reports he's expected at the PC this weekend to film vignettes.