The many sins of Cody Rhodes

LaGoosh

14 minutes ago, Chili said:

Just remembered the only thing about Cody's music I liked was the Dark Order singing along to it once. 

'Adreneline, in my soul. Something, something CODY RHODES.' 

I find myself singing that all the time 

• Paid Members

Maybe Sasha will get cousin Snoop to let them use his version of the music. Does his entrance come as part of the deal, do you reckon? 

Cody used that song in all his pre aew shows, roh and insides. Think he got it recorded by Downstait by commission similar to how Matt cardona bought his song off them 

I know the answer is "because WWE" but I'm struggling with why you'd make the saving cuts they did only to bring in Cody adequate Rhodes for what's presumably a decent chunk of change. I get he's got some mainstream attention and making him look like a wally might give them a giggle but I can't believe he's worth big bucks to them. 

That said they should drop Austin Theory and have Cody come in as Vince's new favourite son. Just Vince moaning that his own son is worthless and his son in law is weak and Cody is the new heir to the throne. No payoff, just crazy Vince segments while Cody admires his own farts. 

• Paid Members
On 2/16/2022 at 12:06 PM, The King Of Swing said:

Would be pretty funny if the first thing Cody does in WWE (assuming that is where he goes) is turn heel. 

He better come in as a heel straight away. He’s not likeable.

7 hours ago, Vamp said:

Cody adequate Rhodes

Might as well be his gimmick. When he first left WWE the “buzz” around his list of names tweeted that he wanted to wrestle only made me think “Why on Earth would I want to see (X) brought down to Cody level?” by and large. About the only thing that he took part in once actually getting on with it, that I gave any attention to, was when he wrestled Ibushi at Wrestle Kingdom. I only really watched it because I happened to be there, and I graded it “marginally better than the average Cody match” which was because of Ibushi.

He’s coped with the pressure of coming from his family better than he might have, and while he wasn’t saddled with “Curtis Axel” level of crap, he should be applauded for handling “Stardust” better than Ted Jr managed with being given the Million Dollar Belt and Virgil. But in the ring where it matters, he’s just… Cody. People would do well to accept that as much as they want him to be a big deal, he isn’t. It reminds me of EC3 coming back… did OK somewhere else and managed to be presented as a someone? That’s great kid, but this is the majors. I think the crowd connection that Cody earned was not because of him, his persona or his skills, but for everything he was doing to make All In happen and create a viable alternative. Once that faded and it became about “And who do we love to watch”… he was still just Cody adequate Rhodes.

I think the best part is the hate he’s getting from AEW purists. One of the things they lauded him for was trying to rebuild the state the industry used to have, where there was always somewhere else to earn a crust. Where when you were stale, you could go over to the other side and try your luck, maybe one day to return once you were fresh again. He’s succeeded to some extent, which is what they wanted, to create a more vibrant scene, and now it’s him that’s stale and going to try the other side… and they hate him for it.

The agenda was never “create an alternative” to give both fans and talent more choice, was it? It was “Fuck WWE.”