The many sins of Cody Rhodes

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Chili said:

Regardless, and discounting Brandi Rhodes as a TV character, that line 'nobody has a nice thing to say about her' very much more of who did the sources speak to as opposed to a solid fact. Seems like dunking on someone a bit from whoever did that report. I don't know either, but yeah, just seems an interesting ad on. 

Keller also repeating the Nash and Hall favoured nations contract stip myth as well, so safe to say he's a bit of a clown. 

Don't follow much pro wrestling at the mo, but has  Codyentered Warrior territory in terms of odd angles, things that make no sense and then fucking off when he cant get what he wants, ie superstar dosh? 

It's why he left WWE in the first place too wasnt it as Stardust pissed him off as he was going nowhere quickly. 

Maybe he is done for the moment. 

I think a lot of people are reaching. Cody was on the Unrestricted podcast about a week ago. It looks like they were building towards something for both of them against ATT/PVZ. So it's not a case of AEW didn't want them and are happy to be rid.

WWE have either thrown a ton of money his way, or he's finally taken onboard the fan response and is taking a breather.

13 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Not really. He reported the whole thing as fact, with a single aside suggesting that, because it's wrestling, you can't completely rule out it being a work. 

It isn't a work. I'll eat my hat if it is. 

Just covering himself, so IF it does end up being a work he can say he said it COULD be.

It was definitely my first though, that it was a work, so I was surprised when everyone treated it as real.

But thinking more about it... AEW don't need him any more.  And IMO WWE don't need him either, they've got better upper midcarders and he's NEVER going to be a main eventer or champ there, because he just doesn't have the IT factor they want.

NWA beckons I reckon ;)

• Paid Members

This departure is so intriguing for many reasons.

He's AEW's first major departure so that's an interesting dynamic seeing that its been one way traffic in the other direction until now.

I must say that it had always been my assumption that the original 'gang' were minor shareholders as well as talent, so the news that he was working without a contract didn't really jump out at the time. 

Anything he does is going to be a step down now surely? I'm not saying that WWE isn't a bigger platform, but going from pretty much a management position to being a bog standard WWE talent is very reminiscent of his dad's run with Titan in 1990 isn't it? 

Plus, surely its tough to go from what sounds like a more laid back and closer knit environment to the "look over your shoulder" WWE culture? Plenty of others who left to join AEW, Impact etc all say how much of a relief it is to get out of the shark tank.

I just can't see him in WWE. I know wrestlers have burnt bigger bridges than him but surely anyone can telegraph this from a mile off. If they can spend over a decade chasing Sting and still try to make him look a cunt, what chance has Cody fucking Rhodes got?

The thought of him going to the NWA is just as bonkers for different reasons and I'd really rather that Impact not spend the money someone like him would demand (not that I think its a goer anyway).

Maybe New Japan is the only realistic alternative? There aren't many big name Americans out there at the moment are there, and with things opening up now who knows?

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, gmoney said:

Keller also repeating the Nash and Hall favoured nations contract stip myth as well, so safe to say he's a bit of a clown. 

I'm pretty certain the favoured nations thing is widely acknowledged as true, isn't it?