The many sins of Cody Rhodes

LaGoosh

I think it’s a clever move from Cody if he goes to WWE

He’s going from being ice cold in a hot promotion to being probably the most interesting thing in an ice cold promotion. Given the current lay of the land, there’s no better time for him to achieve his dream of being a WWE main eventer. 

Cody has become the impotent husband at the gangbang in AEW, at least in WWE he’ll be packing some heat.

WWE got to love the chance to show people that no matter what you do, the WWE will always be the dream.

18 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Tony Khan has came out and said they can't renew everyone's deals because of how many people they're bringing in. As good as Cody was at the beginning he's went stale in AEW and has been eclipsed by additions such as Moxley, Punk & Bryan.

That'd be Tony Khan (CEO, President, General Manager & Head of Creative of All Elite Wrestling) to you and me.

Everyone talking about Stardust gimmick and the like, if you don't think Cody has negotiated some protections for himself your crazy.

He's probably one of the few people who can probably negotiate some limited form of creative control, concessions to allow him to do some outside projects and a "no release" clause.

Personally I hope he does well, but a part of me is very irritated he didn't put someone over properly on his way out. And no... A 50/50 booking with Sammy dosent count.

Edited by andrew "the ref" coyne

35 minutes ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

Everyone talking about Stardust gimmick and the like, if you don't think Cody has negotiated some protections for himself your crazy.

He's probably one of the few people who can probably negotiate some limited form of creative control, concessions to allow him to do some outside projects and a "no release" clause.

Personally I hope he does well, but a part of me is very irritated he didn't put someone over properly on his way out. And no... A 50/50 booking with Sammy dosent count.

Has he actually signed with WWE? Has anyone considered the possibility of Roady Coades turning up at the impact zone?

I wouldn't be surprised if Cody's been promised a proper run at the top in WWE. Their constellation is severely limited these days, and I can see it being a bit like Lashley's comeback in that you get a guy who is a decent enough name but it all seems a bit nondescript and out of the blue at first, and next thing you know he's up there in the title picture as one of modern WWE's bankable Brock foils. 

A chance to have a go at that in the biggest wrestling company in the world must be far more tempting than sticking around in the pond you helped make bigger, where all the cooler fish have taken over and it's very unlikely the fans will ever really be for you in a big way again. 

For all the shit he gets, he's morphed into the kind of guy Vince has traditionally let slip his sneezes for. A big, bombastic player with that genuine legacy edge. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

Has he actually signed with WWE? Has anyone considered the possibility of Roady Coades turning up at the impact zone?

Actually you're right. It's not confirmed. It's all heresay right now.

So unless he's been shown the door and everyone is trying to save face, SURELY he has a WWE deal in the bag.