The many sins of Cody Rhodes

LaGoosh

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

So... I'm behind on this one.... He helped create AEW, kind'a diddled in and out and is now leaving? is that the story? if so, i dont get it? surely he was there for life if he helped create it???

You help create someone else’s business and don’t see the money for yourself, it’s easy to leave and chase your own millions 

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

So... I'm behind on this one.... He helped create AEW, kind'a diddled in and out and is now leaving? is that the story? if so, i dont get it? surely he was there for life if he helped create it???

If he wanted to stay he would have stayed.

You're talking about someone that walked away from a decent job in WWE to try something different. Booked himself into a corner when it came to AEW. He's doing what he wants.

His contract was coming up. He read the tea leaves for what he thinks best for himself and he's calling his shot. Nobody knows quite what that is yet.

• Paid Members
Just now, Louch said:

You help create someone else’s business and don’t see the money for yourself, it’s easy to leave and chase your own millions 

That, and when he's no longer running things - there was that whole thing last year where Tony Khan publicly took over the booking. That started being when Cody started not associating with the Bucks or Omega, and you started getting the pocket-codyverse. If he's not seeing the money he maybe expected, and also not seeing the control he wanted, that may be part of it.

Also, this may not be everyone hating everyone. He wants more mainstream recognition and reality show, etc - a year or two as a main-eventer(ish) in WWE wouldn't be a bad way to build that, in theory.

It only became public last year, Tony took over creative fully in December 2019 after the Christmas show with the dark order attack. Few million a year, no other responsibilities than wrestling is a good hook for a new dad 

26 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Working Mania is the talk.

18 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Internally? Or from Meltzer? Or Twitter? 

17 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Internally.

Gosh, how exciting, a real genuine insider in our little backwater!  😍

Is it worth breaking this news off into a separate thread? From an AEW perspective, this is pretty monumental; and we may be looking at the first major start to jump from AEW to WWE. 

It'll be fascinating to see how WWE uses him. I wonder if a spot in the WWE title elimination chamber match awaits? 

I genuinely didn't expect this, but I can't say I'm disappointed. He'd become a seriously toxic presence on Dynamite, so a new start is probably best for everyone. 

Well it's the most interested I've been in Cody in a while for sure.

I do wonder how he sees himself. Is he jumping from AEW because he knows things aren't going well? Or is there something in the back of his head that really wishes he could've made a success for himself in WWE? He wouldn't be the first.

Either way, good luck to the guy. Lately he hasn't been great but he's capable of many good things.