The many sins of Cody Rhodes

LaGoosh

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Nick James said:

That's as bad and cringe worthy as WWE leaning into the whole 'co-exist' shtick. Are AEW now printing their own stuff or still using Pro Wrestling Tee's? Unsure if they moved away after the data breach stuff. 

Still all PWT. 

39 minutes ago, Nick James said:

It was the way the data breach was handled that was the problem, not so much the breach.

Having had experience in similar situations, a letter sent us how you are legally meant to deal with it in case the customers online accounts are compromised from the breach. Unless I have missed something else? 

AEW's entire audience know what the terms heel and face mean. A handsome lad dickhead who falls somewhere in the middle bringing out a t-shirt about how he's a handsome lad dickhead that falls somewhere in the middle isn't exactly a low bar misunderstanding of the audience and flagrancy against taste. It's very much on brand, I think. 

It's still a shit shirt, mind you. But that's about it. Can't imagine it selling. A bit like that 'Cena Sucks' shirt WWE used to do. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

It's just incredibly cringe, especially since Cody was the one who started calling AEW a Revolution in Pro-Wrestling.

Fast forward a couple of years and Cody is literally playing the character of WWE's worst excesses. This t-shirt is basically a smarkier rip on Roman Reigns', 'I'm not a good guy, I'm not a bad guy, I'm THE guy', schtick from 3 years ago.

He cut a promo on a Road To, I think, a few weeks ago where he went on about if he was TNT Champ that it would mean he'd have to be better than the AEW Champ because he has to be the face of the company. I've a horrible feeling that they're gonna lean into that and have Cody goad whoever the main champ is at the time into challenging him, which Cody will win, and I'll chuck a shoe through me telly.

• Paid Members
On 12/30/2021 at 2:44 PM, Louch said:

Having had experience in similar situations, a letter sent us how you are legally meant to deal with it in case the customers online accounts are compromised from the breach. Unless I have missed something else? 

I had my credit card hacked and money charged to it right around the time they had their data breach. I had bought from them recently before that using that card. Unfortunately I'm yet to receive any notice from PWT as far as I'm aware. The first I learned of how my card was stolen was essentially from Dave Meltzer. 

Santander didn't cover themselves in any glory during the carry on either though, probably handling it even worse all things considered. 

Having said that, I got the money back in the end, hopefully everyone else in the same situation are able to get all resolved on their end too. 

19 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

I had my credit card hacked and money charged to it right around the time they had their data breach. I had bought from them recently before that using that card. Unfortunately I'm yet to receive any notice from PWT as far as I'm aware. The first I learned of how my card was stolen was essentially from Dave Meltzer. 

Santander didn't cover themselves in any glory during the carry on either though, probably handling it even worse all things considered. 

Having said that, I got the money back in the end, hopefully everyone else in the same situation are able to get all resolved on their end too. 

Given when those in the states got the letter, if it was your info hacked there then it’ll be about 2 weeks from reaching you. 

• Paid Members

Whole promoting Battle Of The Belts Cody likens winning a championship to winning an academy award. Could he ruin kayfabe any more?