The many sins of Cody Rhodes

LaGoosh

• Paid Members

I think him going back to WWE is the best move for everybody.

I like Cody but he's been toxic to AEW for a while. Things have felt so forced and awkward, which is a real departure from the rest of the show, where it's usually easy to suspend your disbelief. The fact that a thread like this even exists, for a supposedly top babyface, really says it all. The only way to fix things would be a heel turn and that's something he doesn't want to do.

WWE, on the other hand, could use the P.R and momentum of taking someone from AEW. I think they'll at least try and use him well too. He's not only second generation, which Vince loves but, when they didn't see him as a star before, he quit, went to the Indies and worked his way up to having his own reality TV shows. I've read loads of people say that Vince respects people who stand to him and say "Fuck you. You're wrong about me and I'm going to prove it". If that's anywhere being close to true, I could see him being a made man in Vince's eyes. At least for the moment.

It would be interesting to see if he works the Saudi shows.

After getting some xpac heat in AEW, I would love his first WWE promo to be xpac-esque. "my friends Matt and Nick Jackson would be standing right here with me if they weren't being held hostage by All Elite Wrestling and that's a fact Tony Khan". And then next week when AEW debuts in Connecticut, Vince, Cody and Brandi drive down to Dynamite on a tank.

• Paid Members

I'm pretty sure that was an overdub because for some reason they didn't want to pay out for the rights to Common Man. 

• Paid Members

Triple H hasn't wrestled since 2019, and has barely been seen since his heart attack. I'd be amazed if he competes at Wrestlemania, and doubly amazed if he wrestles against Cody Rhodes based on something Cody did three years ago on a non-WWE show. 

If Cody's in WWE by Wrestlemania, I imagine he wrestles Seth Rollins - Rollins was apparently originally penciled in to wrestle Shane McMahon, so they clearly want him in a "big" match, and there's a gap to be filled there.

9 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Yeah. Seth vs. Cody writes itself. Battle of the two shittest characters in wrestling today. The clash of the three and a half star men.

Perfect for a long piss break