Oasis: Just How Shit Were They?

Devon Malcolm

How shit were Oasis?  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Pinc said:

Oasis’s Beatles ‘influence’ is really weird when you stop and think about it. They didn’t sound like them apart from when they were overtly referencing them. They didn’t share an aesthetic either, except where they cut-and-pasted Beatles iconograhy on to their own stuff. Like whichever single it was that had Aunt Mimi’s house on the cover, or the speaker stack at Knebworth having pictures of John Lennon literally stuck to it.

I can’t think of another act in all of pop that made frequent references to another group, without actually showing much/any influence in their albums/look?

What was even the point?

Funny timing because The Chemical Brothers "Setting Sun" just popped on which featured Noel singing and that was a great "homage" to the Beatles.

Love them. My favourite band. I'm going to see Liam at The Etihad in and Noel at Cannock in June - although I wish Noel would put his keyboards down.

Be Here Now is probably my favourite album of all time. Lasts for three and a half hours and has literally 500 guitars overdubbed on each track. But that's why it's brilliant.

So basically I'm one of those wankers that you're on about. Whenever one of their songs comes on the radio is makes me smile, and reminds me of happier times in my younger days.

And you can all fuck off with the narrative that Wonderwall is wank. 

Anyway, see you in a fortnight when my suspension is lifted.

Edited by Max Power

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Be Here Now is probably my favourite album of all time. Lasts for three and a half hours and has literally 500 guitars overdubbed on each track. But that's why it's brilliant.

Anyway, see you in a fortnight when my suspension is lifted.

Well you're going to want to watch this during your two weeks in order to change that.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members

1 hour ago, neil said:

Funny timing because The Chemical Brothers "Setting Sun" just popped on which featured Noel singing and that was a great "homage" to the Beatles.

Whatever happened to that cunt anyway.

4 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

You're late 70s boys, put your Brutus shirts and zoot suits away.

Why? And trade them in for the beige numbers you see in those weird supplement magazines you get with the Sunday papers? Fuck that. Live it until the wheels come off, mate. Good on them.