Oasis: Just How Shit Were They?

Devon Malcolm

How shit were Oasis?  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Other than the obvious stuff, it's definitely there.

The prominence of those bright, jangly guitar parts against the pitter patter simplicity of the drums, the shouting-into-the-void style vocals. That's Beatles out the door. 

Go Let It Out couldn't be more of a Beatles song. 

I did think about Go Let It Out but I think it counts as an overt reference to the Beatles rather than (organically) sounding like them. It literally samples Strawberry Fields Forever doesn't it?

It's maybe an edge case like, sure.

As bad as Oasis lookalikes are, it’s when they cross over into Wellend territory that they need their hard drive checking. Used to work with this bloke who was older than me and he was a full on Wellend. Had the ridiculous Barnet, wore a parka with all the mod patches on it despite not owning a scooter, wore paisley Pretty Green shirts or whatever Liams clothing line was called. Granted I’m pushing 50 and have got long hair but at least I don’t spend a hundred quid for a half finished haircut and ponce about in skinny jeans thinking “Yeah I look really good, me”

1 hour ago, Factotum said:

Weller's is an abomination but at least he dresses well)

Oh I dunno. I think he pulls it off (fnar fnar) quite well.

Could be worse, he could still be bopping about in his Style Council gear.

My Dad is 64 and is still a "mod". Still wears a Harrington jacket, and went mad a few years ago and bought an original Vespa that he has done up.

He looks OK as he has a normal(ish) haircut, but some of the lads in his club...fucking hell. You're late 70s boys, put your Brutus shirts and zoot suits away.

I think Stone Roses when they last toured probably pipped even Liam Gallagher to the post for most hilariously typecast audience. One of my friends went to see them in Dublin in 2016 and sent me videos on the night, surrounded by middle age lads in bucket hats who all looked like Shaun Ryder any time you've seen him on TV in the past ten years, all fucked on half a pill swaying on the spot like Perry in the Harry Enfield sketch where he comes back from Manchester.