Survivor Series 2021

RIDDUM_N_STYLE

So Survivor Series is 2 weeks tomorrow and WWE, even by their lazy standards, have barely promoted the show. In fact they’ve been that lazy that they’ve announced the teams for the men’s and women’s matches on social media

The Raw men’s team is comprised of 5 guys who were on SD just last month in Seth Rollins, Finn Balor, KO and the Mysterios

SD’s team is Drew McIntyre, Jeff Hardy and King Woods who were all recently on Raw along with Sami Zayn and Happy Corbin 

The Raw women’s team is Bianca BelAir, Liv Morgan, Rhea Ripley, Carmella and Queen Zelina

The SD women’s team is Sasha Banks, Shotzi, Shayna Baszler, Natalya and Aliyah 

The rest of the card is expected to be Champion v Champion matches meaning we get

Big E v Roman Reigns

Damian Priest v Shinsuke Nakamura

Becky Lynch v Charlotte Flair

RK-Bro v The Usos 

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Most interesting match in WWE all year given what’s gone on. At Survivor Series, no less? Perfect. Charlotte’s gonna end up gobbing in Vince’s face and writing, “AEW,” in the air.

3 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

So Survivor Series is 2 weeks tomorrow and WWE, even by their lazy standards, have barely promoted the show. In fact they’ve been that lazy that they’ve announced the teams for the men’s and women’s matches on social media

The rest of the card is expected to be Champion v Champion matches meaning we get

Big E v Roman Reigns

Damian Priest v Shinsuke Nakamura

RK-Bro v The Usos 

On paper, this looks like one of those cards where the actual show will far out-deliver compared to the hype, maybe that's why WWE haven't bothered. If all those matches deliver, people will forget that they did a piss-poor job promoting it. Also looking like a somewhat rare occurance for Survivor Series- I can't see the world championship swapping right before the PPV to give us a better match- Big E vs. Roman is about as good as the full time roster can do right now.

Still makes me sad that Survivor Series is very clearly not a major PPV anymore.

19 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

So Survivor Series is 2 weeks tomorrow and WWE, even by their lazy standards, have barely promoted the show.

I don't think they even class Survivors as one of the big PPVs anymore.  They were going to drop the whole event a few years back.

In my opinion the last decent Survivor Series was 2002 in MSG with the Elimination Chamber debut. 

Survivor Series 2016 had Brock vs. Goldberg. That's the best one since 2002.

It also often has these low-key great matches with zero build up. Brock/AJ, Brock/Bryan, Brock/Rey... actually, you know what? Survivor Series should just be the Brock Lesnar show. If he's not around, don't even bother putting it on. Stick Bragging Rights or something in there instead.

3 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Do you reckon Rey will even reference his team mate Seth Rollins removing his eye from his skull last year? Or is his loyalty to the brand he’s been on for three weeks enough for him to forgive and forget?

Depends. What colour are their t-shirts?

Edited by Daaaaaad!

• Paid Members
On 11/6/2021 at 8:40 PM, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Big E v Roman Reigns

Another side of the horror that is WWE letting the calendar book for them (Hell In A Cell ppv, ugh) is these two matches going here instead of being saved for Mania.

17 hours ago, Perry said:

In my opinion the last decent Survivor Series was 2002 in MSG with the Elimination Chamber debut. 

It was the last decent one until the one after. Go watch HBK being HBK again.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else seen the Ariel Helwani interview with Becky Lynch?

Probably late on this but as cutting as some of the comments she made on Charlotte and Ric were it must be a work now surely. Mind you, the BT Sports interview with Charlotte looked like someone not entirely happy.

Be mental if something truly different happens Sunday evening…I know it won’t.

• Paid Members

Does Priest Vs Nakamura have any kind of potential to be worth a watch? I might stick it on when I go to bed that night, if I remember.